2012 Maruti Alto 800 has no side view mirror on the left: Specs and Interior images (Video)
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) will be launching their new Alto 800 on the 16th October 2012. MSIL has already opened prelaunch bookings of the…
With the launch of new small cars like Hyundai Eon and Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki small car sales have hardly been affected in India. But still, the manufacturer sensed the need to revamp their best selling car to overcome current market condition following higher fuel prices and high interest rates while adversely affected sales of small cars in the country. MSIL is also going to offer a CNG option with the new Alto 800, which will come at a premium of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000.
With the launch of 2012 Alto 800, Maruti is hoping to do even better where sales are concerned. Sales of Alto dipped during the period April to August 2012 by 34.83%. Sales during the period hovered around the 89,000 mark as compared to 1.22 lakhs sold during the same period in the previous year.
Maruti Alto800 is being projected as a highly fuel efficient vehicle offering a good 22.74 kmpl which is a 15% increase in efficiency as against the older Alto. Internal head and leg room is also at a premium along with better gear shift, internal upholstery, comforts and a host of upgrades.
Prelaunch bookings and deliveries mark onset of the festive season on India with Navratri round the corner being quickly followed with Dushera and Diwali in quick succession extending the auspicious period wherein sales of four wheelers are at their peak.
To pre-book new Alto, clickÂ here.
New Maruti Alto 800 Specifications
* Engine: 796 cc, 3-cylinder, 12-valves
* Power: 47.5 BHP @ 6000 RPM
* Torque: 69 Nm @ 3500 RPM
* Transmission: 5-speed manual
* Top Speed: 140 km/h
* 0-100 km/h: 19 seconds (est)
* Fuel Consumption: 16-17 km/l (City), 18-19 km/l (highway)
* Fuel Type: Petrol
* Suspension: Mcpherson Struts (Front), Coil Springs (Rear)
* Tyres: 145/80/12 Tubeless Radials
* Brakes: Disc (Front), Drum (Rear)
* Safety: iCats Immobilizer, Driver Side Airbag (Optional)
New Maruti Alto 800 Dimensions
* Overall length x width x height: 3395 mm X 1490 mm X 1475 mm
* Wheelbase: 2360 mm
* Ground clearance: 160 mm
* Fuel Tank Capacity: 35-litres
* Kerb Weight: 720 kgs
2012 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Road Test