Three die in Delhi while sitting inside a car with AC on
Tragedy struck three south Delhi businessmen who were found dead in a 2006 model Honda City at RK Puram on Monday night. These businessmen decided to conduct some business discussions over a period of four hours in a parked car and turned on the AC for comfort only to be poisoned by carbon monoxide.
The deceased businessmen have been identified as Balwinder Singh, 34, resident of Vasant Vihar, Nishant Dutta, 26, from Sarojini Nagar and Laxman Kumar, 35, from R K Puram. They were in a 2006 model of Honda City that had been fitted with CNG kit. While the police have ruled out any foul play, the occupants are suspected to have inhaled toxic carbon monoxide that emitted out of the engine into the cabin occupied by the trio from 6 pm till their bodies were found at around 10.15 pm on Monday night.
While the families of those dead suspect foul play and infer that an amount of INR 1.5 lakhs was missing from the car, the autopsy reports are being conducted on the bodies and reports are awaited. The bodies are also being put through alcohol tests with these reports also due.
Investigations from various angles are being looked into. Balwinder had only recently tied up with his two friends, Nishant and Laxman to start an event management and did not have an office. The trio used to discuss business plans in a recently acquired Honda City. On Monday evening the three friends reached RK Puram at 5.45 pm, ordered food and cold drinks.
Laxmanâ€™s younger brother Kanhaiya noted that they had documents and were discussing business and decided to leave them alone. It was only at 10 pm that he went to check and found one of the doors open and the three occupants frothing from the mouth. While two were shifted to AIIMS and one to Trauma Center all three were declared dead.
via Times of India