Audi posts best-ever monthly sales in the US for Dec 2013
On the day Audi’s Indian arm became the first luxury car company in history to cross the milestone of 10,000 unit sales in a calendar year, it’s US counterpart has posted best ever Dec 2013 sales.
Audi USA Dec 2013 sales stand at 17,013. Not only this is their best ever monthly sales in the US, but this is also the first time that the German luxury car maker has posted sales of more than 15,000 units in a single calendar month. Their YTD sales for 2013 is at 158,061, which is a 13.5% increase over 2012 sales.
As far as sedan sales is concerned, Audi A6 registered 2,686 units in Dec 2013, increasing by 43.3%. YTD sales of A6 increased by 18.1% to 22,428 units. Every third Audi car sold in the US, is either the A6, A7, A8 or Q7.
“After 36 consecutive record sales months, 2013 was another year to thank America for embracing Audi,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “These record results show the payoff from our longstanding strategy to build the Audi brand through exciting products, committed dealer partners and a sustainable business model.” For more information, scroll through the press release below.
Audi establishes U.S. sales record of 158,061 vehicles sold in 2013
• With December 2013 coming in as 36th consecutive record sales month, Audi concluded its fourth record year in a row
• December 2013 sales of 17,013 stand as the first time Audi sold more than 15,000 vehicles in any month
• Audi Q5 finishes as the best selling model for Audi in the US in 2013; strong demand seen throughout product lineup in 2013
Audi achieved its fourth-consecutive year of record U.S. demand by recording full-year sales of 158,061, a 13.5% increase over the previous annual record set a year earlier.
In addition, Audi set an all-time monthly sales record in December 2013 with sales of 17,013 new models, a 14.6% improvement over the previous monthly sales record set in December 2012. The most recent month also stands as the first time Audi monthly sales have ever topped 15,000 vehicles. December 2013 was also established the 36th consecutive monthly sales record for Audi in the U.S. market.
“After 36 consecutive record sales months, 2013 was another year to thank America for embracing Audi,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “These record results show the payoff from our longstanding strategy to build the Audi brand through exciting products, committed dealer partners and a sustainable business model.”
December results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with a record month for the Audi Q5 crossover posting a 32.2% gain in December with 4,794 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 52.6% to 2,279 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 40.8% to a total of 40,355 vehicles sold for the year, while YTD sales for the Audi Q7 increased 45.1% to a total of 15,978 vehicles.
Through December, sales of the Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q7 made up one of every three models the brand sold. That compares to a 19% mix for the most exclusive models just four years ago.
Luxury sedan sales remain strong as the Audi A6 increased 43.3% to 2,686 vehicles sold for the month, while YTD sales increased 18.1% to 22,428 vehicles sold.
There has been high demand for the updated 2014 Audi R8 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus. Customers have responded well to the changes in the vehicle’s transmission showing an increase of sales to 37.3% MTD.
December 2013 was also the top sales result for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 21.1% for the month, to a total of 4,022 vehicles. For the full year, Audi CPO sales increased 10.2% to a total of 40,190 vehicles, also an all-time record for Audi of America.
• Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 19.2% YTD, representing 33.7% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 46% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
• Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 16.1% for the S4 sedan; 39.7% for the S5/ RS 5; 4.6% for the S6; 26.1% for the S7 and RS 7; 10.2% for the S8; 27% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster, and 8.6% for the SQ5 crossover.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 43.3% compared to December 2012; YTD sales grew 18.1% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 32.2% compared to December 2012; YTD sales grew 40.8% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 52.6% compared to December 2012; YTD sales grew 45.1% compared to previous period.
• Audi R8 sales up 37.3% compared to December 2012.
• Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 12.5%, for the Audi A7 TDI at 11%, for the A8 TDI to 12.8%, the Audi Q5 TDI at 16%, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 28.7%.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 21.1% to 4,022 vehicles in December; YTD increased 10.2% to 40,190 vehicles sold.
• The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Dec. ’13 Actual||Dec. ’12 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Dec.. ’13 YTD Actual||Dec. ’12 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||17,013||14,841||14.6%||158,061||139,310||13.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||4,022||3,321||21.1%||40,190||36,469||10.2%|
- 2012 A4 includes Audi A4 Avant, A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
- 2012 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet models; 2013 includes RS 5 Cabriolet.
- 2012 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
- 2012 A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
- 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe’; TT and TTS roadster models.