Audi Q7 catches fire in India, no one injured
A freak accident was reported in South East Delhiās Zamrudpur area on Monday afternoon which saw Audi Q7 go up in flames. The Q7 was owned by Amod, son of former Member of Legislative Assembly from Badarpur – Veer Singh.
Amod parked the car and went to a nearby gym. A few minutes later, passers-by noticed smoke coming out of the Q7. By the time an alarm was raised, the car was completely engulfed in flames. Amod too was notified, and by the time he arrived at the scene, his car was in a ball of fire.
The incident took place at around 1:30 pm in Southeast Delhi’s Jamrudpur area. Soon the fire from Audi Q7 spread to the Maruti 800 parked next to it. And within minutes both, Audi Q7 and Maruti 800 were engulfed in flames. Onlookers were quick to remove other cars parked in the vicinity fearing explosion in fuel tanks of both the gutted cars.
Fire brigade officials soon arrived. But, by that time both the cars were completely gutted. Initial investigations by officials from Greater Kailash police station, it appears that a short circuit could be the cause of the fire though reports from forensic experts are still awaited.
Audi India has not stated anything on the incident yet.
via Times of India