Honda records highest ever monthly sales, while Bajaj Auto sales dip 18% in July 2013
Two wheeler industry in India is a growing segment. For the month of July 2013, Bajaj has reported decline in sales by 18%, while rival Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India reported an increase in sales by 20%, riding on the success of their new Dream series of motorcycles. Bajaj, who only sells motorcycles, sold 2.81 lakh units in July 2013, while Honda sold 147,635 motorcycles and 139,542 scooters.
While Bajaj Auto sales dipped, it was sales of Honda Motorcycle and Scooters India (HMSI) that zoomed ahead. They reported their highest ever sales in 13 years of India operation. The company set three records in the month of July 2013 with highest ever sales, highest domestic market share which now stands at 24% and the 2nd largest company where domestic and exports are concerned. These factors are due to HMSI’s Dream series which has seen increased demand and augmented production at the company plant in Narsarpura, Karnataka wherein HMSI have added a 2nd production line.
Mr. Y S Guleria, Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd. said, “Today Honda created a new chapter in its Indian operations with three new records, in July 13, Honda have achieved highest ever sales, highest domestic market share of 24 % and also became 2nd largest player in domestic and export sales in two wheeler industry. This is largely attributed to the overwhelming demand for Dream series and the increase in production with start of 2nd production line at the third factory in Narsarpura, Karnataka.”
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India records highest ever sales in July 13
- · HMSI is 2nd largest two wheeler company in both domestic and export sales
New Delhi, August 01, 2013: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI), the only Honda in Indian 2 wheeler industry, recorded its highest ever sales in its 13 years of Indian operations. In July,2013 Honda recorded overall two wheeler sales of 287, 177 units with growth of 20% in July 13 (Y-o-Y) . In July 2013, the company sold 287,177 units as against 239,094 units in July 2012. The company recorded motorcycle sales of 147,635 units and Scooter sales of 139,542 units in July,2013.
1. HMSI achieves EVER HIGHEST SALES: With 20% overall growth(YoY),HMSI total sale is 287177,units in july’13
~Motorcycle growth is 35 %(led by demand for Dream Series, HMSI motorcycle sales cross scooter sales for the FIRST TIME)
~Scooter growth is 8%
2. HMSI gains 2nd position overall for the FIRST TIME (Domestic+ Export)
3. HMSI domestic market share is 24%
4. Third Factory: The second line of first phase has started rolling the Activa in Narsapura, Karnataka.
Email - [email protected]
Latest posts by Sagar Patel (see all)
- Royal Enfield Himalayan production ready variant spied: Is more meaner than imagined - July 28, 2015
- Hyundai Creta Photos – Mega Image Gallery of 126 Official Pics - July 28, 2015
- Ford Figo Aspire bookings to open from 27th July 2015 - July 24, 2015