MapmyIndia launches ’NaviMaps’ offline maps for iOS
India’s mapping service provider – MapmyIndia, well versed in the fields of quality mapping data on board car GPS Navigation, GPS Vehicle Tracking and GIS Enterprise solutions has now introduced NaviMaps app for iOS platform.
Users can avail this app on their iOS powered smartphones to receive automatic traffic based re-routing and real time journey updates on to Facebook timeline, while the app also offers offline 3D navigation and supports 3D and 2D landmarks.
Available as a free download, NaviMaps also comes with Pro-guidance features that are available with purchase support. NaviMaps was launched two months ago on Google Play Store. Seeing overwhelming response, the company has now introduced this feature on Apple App Store to all Apple users in India.
NaviMaps app comes with map details of over 2 million road kilometers. The app connects over 7000 roads and 6 lakh villages in India while it provides live traffic alerts for all major Indian cities that include Delhi, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Faridabad in the north and Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Bhiwandi, Kalyan, Virar, Pune and Bangalore in the south.
MapmyIndia releases its official navigation app, NaviMaps, for iOS.
New Delhi, July 28, 2014: MapmyIndia, India’s leader in digital maps, GPS navigation, Tracking and location aware web and mobile apps, has released India’s most powerful and advanced navigation app – NaviMaps (http://bit.ly/1zeLTri ) for the iOS platform. The Android app launched two months earlier is already very popular. Millions of Apple users in India can now enjoy this best-in-class app which features, for the first time in India, house-level navigation, regional language voice guidance (in 10 languages) and international navigation (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Nepal). The app offers automatic traffic based re-routing and real-time journey updates on Facebook (does not spam the timeline, updates a single post at regular intervals) along with a superfast and responsive experience. Another distinguishing feature of are 3D & 2D landmarks bundled with panoramic view.
MapmyIndia NaviMaps is a ‘Freemium’ app where the user has to pay a small fee to enjoy full Pro-guidance features; this is more than compensated by the significant savings made by not having to pay any data charges, as the app is offline. This however is not the case with many other free navigation apps on offer where the user ends up paying heavy internet charges. In case the user does not activate the Pro-guidance features after the 3 day free trial, he can do so at any time in the future through in-app purchase.
“We launched NaviMaps about two months back on the Google Play store. The response has been overwhelming. The reviews and emails received are a testimony to the great user experience NaviMaps provide. We now extend this offering to all Apple users in India who can now enjoy India’s best maps loaded with advanced features and offline functionality on NaviMaps,” says Rakesh Verma , Managing Director, MapmyIndia said.
MapmyIndia NaviMaps, key features
• India’s best-in-class navigation app with house addresses, regional language guidance and real time traffic information
• Maps and directions free for life and voice Guidance available as in-app purchase post 3-day full featured trial
• International footprint by offering maps for Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Nepal
• Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages
• Auto re-routing based on real-time traffic information or deviation from suggested route
• Social Navigation with Real-time journey progress updates on Facebook
• Realistic 3D landmarks and house number search on Maps
• Superfast navigation with single line predictive destination search
• Instantly check for traffic delays along your regular routes before you start out
Free Maps App for lifetime Includes:
• Three (3) alternate routes to your destination and one pedestrian route
• Location, route sharing via Facebook, messages, email, Live Traffic with detailed MapmyIndia maps for whole of India with latest coverage.
• Single line predictive destination search and Multi-stop Routing with Full multi-touch map display support
• Two-?nger swipe down on any page or menu to return to map view and Straightforward menus and fast work?ow
• Three days free trial for full version pro-guidance app
In-App purchase to full-featured pro-guidance for lifetime for INR 620 includes:
• Maps for other countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri-Lanka
• Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages apart from English
• Auto re-route if you deviate from suggested route
• House Number Data , POI along the route, 3D buildings
In-app purchase of Map Updates for INR 299
MapmyIndia (CE Info Systems (P) Ltd.) is India’s leader in premium quality map data, Car GPS Navigation, GPS Vehicle Tracking, GIS Enterprise Solutions and Location Aware Web and Mobile Applications. This year, 2014, MapmyIndia is celebrating 10 glorious years of bringing the benefits of maps and location technology to consumers, businesses and governments in India. A New Delhi-based ISO 9001-2012 company, MapmyIndia pioneered digital mapping in India and through continuous field surveys and state-of-the-art mapping technology, has built its proprietary MapmyIndia Maps, the most comprehensive, accurate, robust, reliable, full-featured and continuously updated navigable map dataset for all India. MapmyIndia has been at the forefront of leveraging the advent of mobile communications and internet by introducing numerous consumers focused mobile Apps and location based services in the SNT (Social, Navigation & Tracking) space. Most recently, MapmyIndia has launched NaviMaps – India’s most powerful and advanced FEREMIUM, Offline 3-D navigation app with house number data and live traffic information. The app is available for download on both iOS and Android platforms. MapmyIndia is also a leading e-retailer, offering users a range of GPS navigation, tracking and entertainment systems on www.mapmyindia.com/store with Cash on Delivery options. Continuous innovation in product development has led to MapmyIndia receiving many awards and recognition from media and industry, including a recent citation in the Harvard business Review for its customer funded business model. MapmyIndia Maps are approved and cleared by the Government of India, and follow the Government of India’s norms and regulations. MapmyIndia is backed by leading high-tech and private equity
firms, such as Qualcomm Ventures, Lightbox Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners and Zenrin Co. Ltd.
Email - [email protected]