New Audi RS7 launched in India at Rs 1.28 crores
Mumbai, January 6, 2014: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, introduced its sporty spearhead Audi RS 7 Sportback today in India. Combining the power of a sportscar with the elegance of a large, five-door coupé, the Audi RS 7 Sportback boasts of being the most powerful Audi in its existing range in India and is priced at INR 12,856,000 (ex-showroom Mumbai).
Design and dynamics unite to create the most powerful Audi in India: sporty spearhead Audi RS 7 Sportback unleashed
· Combines the power of a sportscar with elegance of a large, five- door coupé
· Sprints 0 to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds; top speed of 305 km/h
· Powered by 4.0 TFSI: biturbo V8 displacing 3,993 cc
· Output of highest 412 kW (560 hp), 700 Nm (516.29 lb-ft) of torque from 1,750 to 5,500 rpm
· Cylinder on demand technology ensures low CO? levels and better fuel efficiency
· Hybrid aluminum design sets new standards with its low weight
· Priced at INR 12,856,000 (ex-showroom Mumbai)
This powerful biturbo V8 was unveiled by Mr. Joe King, Head, Audi India and is available at all Audi dealerships across India.
“We started the year with the historic achievement of becoming the first-ever luxury car manufacturer to achieve sales of 10,000 units in a year, and now we follow it up with another momentous step – introduction of the most powerful Audi model from our product range – Audi RS 7 Sportback in India. Embodying our philosophy of “Vorsprung durch Technik”, the Audi RS 7 Sportback is Audi’s superlative illustration of sportiness, progressiveness and sophistication- combining the strengths of a large, five-door coupé and a sportscar. After the overwhelming response to our Audi RS 5 which further boosted our leadership in the luxury sportscar segment in India, we are confident that the Audi RS 7 Sportback with its aesthetic design and impressive sportiness would establish new benchmarks in the performance sportscar segment in India.” said Mr. Joe King, Head, Audi India.
The abbreviation “RS” represents many things: the most powerful engine within a model line, quattro permanent all-wheel drive, the pinnacle of dynamic performance, an understated look and comprehensive everyday practicality.
The Audi RS 7 Sportback, the latest model from quattro GmbH, combines the power of a sports car with the elegance of a large, five-door coupé. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) takes just 3.9 seconds; an option enables a top speed of 305 km/h (189.52 mph). Despite the supreme power of the biturbo V8, which produces 412 kW (560 hp), the Audi RS 7 Sportback consumes on average just 9.8 liters of fuel per 100 kilometers (24.00 US mpg).
Specific details on the exterior of the five-door coupé- the distinctively styled bumpers, the partly tinted LED headlights, the high-gloss black honeycomb grill, the add-on parts in matt aluminum and the flared sills, set sporty accents. The inside story of the Audi RS 7 Sportback reveals true and effortless luxury. The salient element is the “wrap-around” – an arched, horizontal line below the windshield.
Thanks to Audi’s lightweight construction technology, the RS 7 Sportback sets new standards with its low weight. A hybrid aluminum design, it weighs roughly 15 percent less than a comparable all-steel body. The quattro permanent all-wheel drive system gives a decisive advantage in traction and driving safety. At its heart is a newly developed center differential with a high locking rate. The Audi RS 7 Sportback is one of the first RS models from Audi to come standard with a specifically tuned air suspension.
”With LED headlights and rear-lights, RS-specific driver information system with shift light, MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and BOSE sound system standard and numerous innovative assistance systems available as options, Audi RS 7 Sportback will thoroughly delight our customers and auto enthusiasts.” added Mr. King.
With their powerful engines, the RS models are the dynamic spearhead in the Audi model range. The high-performance vehicles are consistently sporty in character. Apart from RS 7 Sportback, Audi RS 5 Coupé is also available in India.
At a glance: The Audi RS 7 Sportback
Design and body
– Large, five-door coupé with sporty, elegant proportions
– Distinctive, RS-specific design details
– Audi lightweight design: hybrid aluminum body
– 4.0 TFSI: biturbo V8 displacing 3,993 cc
– Output 412 kW (560 hp), 700 Nm (516.29 lb-ft) of torque from 1,750 to 5,500 rpm
– 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 3.9 seconds, top speed optionally 305 km/h 189.52 mph)
– Pioneering efficiency technologies such as Audi cylinder on demand (COD)
– ECE cycle fuel consumption just 9.8 liters per 100 kilometers (24.00 US mpg)
– Eight-speed tiptronic with a dynamic character
– quattro permanent all-wheel drive with new center differential and torque vectoring, sport differential as an option
– Specifically-tuned RS adaptive air suspension
– RS sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) as an option
– Audi drive select vehicle dynamics system with dynamic steering as standard
– 20-inch wheels standard, 21-inch wheels as an option
– Brake discs in wave design, ceramic brakes as an option
– Electronic stabilization control (ESC) with Sport mode, can be deactivated
– Black interior, carbon inlays, many details in aluminum look
– Illuminated doorsill trimstrips, RS 7 logos in the interior
– RS sport seats with integrated head restraints as standard
– Two rear seats with sporty contours
Equipment and trim
– LED headlights and rearlights
– RS-specific driver information system with shift light
– MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and BOSE sound system standard
– Numerous innovative assistance systems available as options
– Tire pressure monitoring system with air pressure and temperature display
The Audi model range in India includes the Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi A8L, Audi Q3, Audi Q3 S Edition, Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi S4, Audi S6, Audi RS 5 Coupé, RS 7 Sportback, Audi TT Coupé, the super sports car Audi R8, Audi R8 Spyder and the Audi R8 V10 plus available across the country: in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi Central, Delhi South, Delhi West, Goa, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mangalore, Mumbai South, Mumbai West, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Raipur, Surat and Vadodara.