New Range Rover for India bookings open today: Price Rs 1.72 crores
Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover, India have announced launch of their new Range Rover which comes in with a lighter, sturdier and more sophisticated stance. Jaguar…
Defined as the world’s most reliable and capable SUV by Land Rover, this fourth generation Range Rover is just under 5 meters in length. It possesses a more luxurious interior trimmed with finest of leather and veneers while leg room is enhanced by 118mm in rear cabin area with a new two seat Executive Class seating package also available as an option.
The petrol version will be powered by a 5.0 litre V8 engine offering 510 PS while the diesel variant will have a 4.4 litre V8 engine offering 339 PS, both mated to an eight speed automatic transmission. Being lighter in weight has contributed to higher level of efficiency. The petrol variant has acceleration time of 5.4 second while sprinting from 0 to 100 kmph.
Premium features available in the new Range Rover include keyless entry, soft door close, a high end audio system with Meridian surround sound and audiophile quality sound, best in class climate control system, LED interior illumination with mood lighting besides a long list of safety features.
At launch, Mr Suri said that Jaguar Land Rover will be expanding their dealership network by 25 by end of 2013-14 from a current 15 while special focus will be paid to Tier II cities such as Chandigarh and Bhubaneswar.
Apart from launching the new Range Rover in India, Land Rover also launched a new commercial for their Range Rover Evoque, which, unfortunately, is not good as the car.
Photo Caption – Mr. Scott Dicken, Global Range Rover Brand Manager, Mr. Phil Simmonds, Studio Design Director, Land Rover and Mr. Rohit Suri, Vice President , Jaguar Land Rover India at the launch of All New Range Rover in Delhi.
New Range Rover Evoque commercial
The all-new Range Rover in Morocco
Creating the All-New Range Rover
India Auto News Release
ALL NEW RANGE ROVER IS LAUNCHED IN INDIA
THE WORLD’S MOST REFINED AND CAPABLE LUXURY SUV
- · Lighter, stronger and more refined, the world’s finest luxury SUV
- · Unmistakeably a Range Rover, a modern interpretation of iconic design cues
- · World’s first SUV with a lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure
- · 420kg weight saving over outgoing model delivering improved fuel economy and CO2 emissions
- · An unrivalled breadth of capability with transformed handling and agility
- · State-of-the-art adaptive dynamics to further improve peerless ride quality
- · Enhanced all-terrain performance with introduction of Land Rover’s Terrain Response® 2
- · The pinnacle of SUV refinement, with a more spacious and luxurious interior and a truly composed driving experience
- · British designed and engineered at Land Rover’s development centres in the UK
- · Manufactured in a new, state-of-the-art aluminium manufacturing facility, Solihull, UK
- · Acclaimed line-up of diesel and petrol engines delivers smooth and effortless performance
- · Available in Vogue SE and Autobiography trim levels
- · Bookings open from 1st December 2012
New Delhi, 30th November 2012 – Land Rover has announced the launch of the all-new Range Rover in India, the world’s most refined and capable SUV.
The fourth generation of the iconic Range Rover line, the new model has been developed from the ground up to provide the ultimate luxury SUV, following the innovative spirit of the original design from over 40 years ago.
The world’s first SUV with a lightweight all-aluminium body, the new Range Rover takes the capabilities of the marque’s flagship to a new level, with even greater luxury and refinement, enhanced performance and handling on all terrains, and significant advances in sustainability.
Rohit Suri, Vice President, Jaguar & Land Rover India, said:
“The new Range Rover offers an unparalleled special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability – It’s clever design and revolutionary lightweight construction will give Indian customers a product that will cope with the most difficult of terrains and provide a step change in comfort, refinement and handling.”
Clean and contemporary design
The all-new Range Rover has a clean and elegant shape which is derived from a fresh new interpretation ofRange Rover design cues. While instantly recognisable as a Range Rover, the new vehicle takes a significant step forward with a bold evolution of the model’s iconic design language.
At just under 5m long, the new Range Rover has a very similar footprint to the outgoing model, but with a smoother and more streamlines profile – the most aerodynamic Range Rover ever, with a drag coefficient starting from 0.34 – the roofline sits 20mm lower in access mode.
The luxurious interior has a modern and pure character, incorporating distinctive Range Rover design cues, but with a fresh and very contemporary treatment. The cabin retains the characteristic strong, architectural forms, and these are emphasised by extremely clean and elegant surfaces which are flawlessly executed using the finest leathers and veneers.
With over 118mm more legroom, the rear compartment offers vastly more space and comfort, with the option of the desirable new two-seat Executive Class seating package for the ultimate in rear-seat luxury.
Most refined, most capable Range Rover ever
The all-new Range Rover has been engineered from the ground up to be the most refined, most capableRange Rover ever. With the adoption of the latest body and chassis technologies, the vehicle’s all-terrain performance has moved on to another level, both in the breadth and accessibility of its off-road capability, and its on-road handling and refinement.
Amongst the industry-leading innovations is a ground-breaking next-generation version of Land Rover’s Terrain Response® system, which analyses the current driving conditions and automatically select the most suitable vehicle settings.
An all-new state-of-the-art lightweight suspension architecture delivers class-leading wheel travel, providing exceptional wheel articulation and composure to deal with the toughest conditions.
Outstanding traction and dynamic stability is provided by the proven Range Rover full-time intelligent 4WD system, with a two-speed transfer box, working in parallel with the sophisticated electronic traction control systems.
The new Range Rover’s unmatched breadth of capability is also reflected in its tremendously strong structure with enhanced body geometry for all-terrain conditions, wading depth which has improved by 200mm to 900mm, and its position as the best towing vehicle in its class with a 3,500kg trailer capability.
To ensure exceptional durability and reliability, the new Range Rover has been subjected to Land Rover’s punishing on- and off-road test and development regime, with a fleet of development vehicles covering countless thousands of miles over 18 months of arduous tests in over 20 countries with extremes of climate and road surfaces.
Refined and effortless driving experience
Range Rovers are renowned for providing occupants a sensation of serene isolation from the hectic world outside, and the new model has been engineered to meet the highest luxury car standards for refinement.
Meticulous attention to detail throughout the development process has eliminated all unwanted sounds and traces of harshness, and measures like the rigorously optimised body structure, acoustic lamination of the windscreen and side door glass, and new dual-isolated engine mounts have led to a significant reduction in noise levels.
The new chassis architecture is combined with completely re-engineered four-corner air suspension, and together they have enabled engineers to achieve even more luxurious ride comfort and refinement, in addition to transformed on-road handling, with more confident and agile cornering.
The new Range Rover delivers swift and effortless performance. Customers will have a choice of the 5.0-litre 510PS LR-V8 Supercharged petrol engine or the 4.4-litre 339PS SDV8 diesel engine, both which are now paired with a smooth and responsive eight-speed automatic transmission.
True to the Range Rover DNA, the new model features the unique Command Driving Position, placing the driver in an elevated, upright seating position – typically over 90mm higher than other premium SUVs – to provide a supreme sense of confidence and control.
Lightweight construction enhances performance and sustainability
The all-new Range Rover features a revolutionary all-aluminium monocoque body structure which is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model.
Continuing Jaguar Land Rover’s leadership in such aerospace-inspired, high-performance lightweight structures, the all-aluminium body enables the new vehicle to significantly enhance both performance and efficiency.
Combined with weight savings throughout the chassis and driveline, the lightweight structure contributes to a model-for-model weight saving of up to 350kg compared to the outgoing vehicle.
This weight saving heightens the characteristic Range Rover
Premium Range Rover
The all-new Range Rover has been engineered with the latest developments in vehicle technologies, from interior luxury features to advanced chassis and driver assistance technologies.
The interior is packed with a full suite of premium features to provide both front and rear seat passengers with the same peerless luxury experience. Their well-being is assured by the latest interior technologies for comfort, convenience and seamless connectivity. The new and improved features include:
- Convenience – premium features including keyless entry, soft door close with power latching, power upper and lower tailgates, cooler compartments, and electrically deployable towbar
- High-end audio – exclusive Meridian surround sound music system with audiophile-quality sound
- Displays – state-of-the-art high-resolution displays, include the stunning full digital instrument cluster and the central 8-inch touch-screen with Dual-View functionality
- Connectivity – a seamless connectivity package for mobile devices
- Climate control – all-new best-in-class climate control systems, including the powerful new premium four-zone system.
- Luxurious seating – upgraded seating with luxurious new features such as multi-mode massage, and the exclusive new Executive Class rear seating package
- Interior illumination – the latest LED illumination for subtle and sophisticated ambient lighting, including the ability to change the colour scheme to suit the driver’s mood
To enhance dynamic performance, and to ensure that drivers enjoy a relaxed and stress-free experience behind the wheel, the new Range Rover incorporates a comprehensive range of advanced chassis and driver assistance technologies. Among the new and enhanced features are:
- Two-channel Dynamic Response active lean control, and Adaptive Dynamics with continuously variable damping
- Electric Power Assisted Steering
- Adjustable Speed Limiter Device – enables the driver to set their own personal maximum speed
- Surround Camera System
Email - [email protected]
Latest posts by Sagar Patel (see all)
- Royal Enfield Himalayan production ready variant spied: Is more meaner than imagined - July 28, 2015
- Hyundai Creta Photos – Mega Image Gallery of 126 Official Pics - July 28, 2015
- Ford Figo Aspire bookings to open from 27th July 2015 - July 24, 2015