Themed ‘Transforming tomorrow,’ Omron’s booth exhibits products and services that’ll help businesses and society in India meet tomorrow’s needs effectively. Key offerings from OMRON business verticals in India include Industrial Automation, Electronic & Mechanical Components, Automotive Electronic Components and Healthcare.
Sameer Gandhi, MD, Omron Automation, said, “Omron is well-known for its quality products and application strength in the industrial automation segment globally. The manufacturing sector in India is on its way to witness a boost in investments in automation, with a growing focus on quality, productivity and to meet the shortage of skilled workforce. Omron is well poised to assist the Indian manufacturing sector for all kinds of needs. ELECRAMA continues to be an incredibly successful event for the automation industry. Hence, I feel it is an apt platform for us to showcase our capabilities as an Automation Partner with complete solutions offerings. and to explore additional avenues of potential business growth In India.”
Vinod Rapheal, Country Manager -India – Omron Electronic Components said, “We strive to be a key player in the segment by offering a contemporary, technologically sound and reliable range of relays, switches, connectors and sensors which are capable of catering to the requirements of the industry. Going forward, we aim for an aggressive expansion in our distribution base to cater to the requirements in tier II and tier III regions of the country which is a contribution towards our vision of becoming the No. 1 electronic components provider in the country.”
OMRON has showcased its complete strength of sensing and control technology at ELECRAMA 2014. OMRON booth is categorized into 3 zones: Industrial Innovation- for OMRON industrial automation products and solutions, Component Innovation- for OMRON electronic, mechanical and automotive components and Life Innovation- for OMRON healthcare monitoring products.
A range of advanced electronic and electromechanical components used by automakers to enhance vehicle safety and reliability are on display. This includes transmitters, receivers for remote keyless entry systems, and control modules used for vehicle body control functions such as door lock, illumination, indicators, etc.
OMRON Group in India today announced that F&B, FMCG, Pharma , Automotive and Textile sectors are major focused industry areas for their automation business in India for 2014. OMRON will focus on its robotic, vision systems and a wide spectrum of its advanced technology based product portfolio.
Mr. Sameer Gandhi, Managing Director, OMRON Automation, said, “OMRON is well-known for its quality products and application strength in the industrial automation segment globally. In India, as an automation partner, we understand the challenges of the manufacturing sector. We provide a complete range of offerings based on our ‘sensing & control’ technologies that are apt to assist by bringing in substantial improvements in operations. The manufacturing sector in the country is on its way to witness a boost in investments driven by the rise in consumerism and promising growth in the exports sector.”
Industrial Innovation Zone :
· The zone reiterates Omron’s leadership as an industrial automation partner. It showcases industrial solutions through OMRON’s cutting-edge technology and components along with applications helping industries to achieve high operating efficiencies by answering their needs of performance, productivity, quality with adequate safety through – Lean, Stream and X-Tream automation platforms.
· The main highlight of the display is SYSMAC – Omron Machine Automation Controller. The unique solution provides complete machine control through ‘one’ controller which is the NJ Series, ‘one’ connection which is Ether CAT and ‘one’ software which is Sysmac Studio thus making it a robust and exclusive ‘ONE Automation’ platform.
· OMRON Automation platform has been demonstrated on machines like Delta Robot, SCARA Robot and Bottling machine to experience its utility for bringing flexibility, accuracy, reliability, speed and efficiency in all kinds of industrial applications primarily packaging and material handling.
· The zone also showcases the utility of Omron Industrial Automation portfolio for all major industries such as packaging, automotive, material handling, food & beverage and textile to name just a few.
· Along with the automation platform OMRON’s strength in industrial components, sensing solutions, safety solutions and control systems are also on display.
Component Innovation Zone:
· OMRON being a leading manufacturer and provider of advanced electronic components in the country, the zone provides a display of the complete range of OMRON relays, switches, connectors, sensors being utilized in the manufacturing of equipment and appliances across telecom, industrial, energy, home appliances, medical, testing & measurement, building automation and automotive sectors.
· The display includes some unique offerings such as :
– Omron MEMS Non-Contact Thermal Sensor – D6T – which is the world’s first human sensor based on ‘outclass technology’ (wafer level vacuum sealing technology) and having huge utility in various energy saving, security and abnormal temperature monitoring applications at homes and buildings.
– the smallest battery connector Omron XD2B being used in tablet PCs, mobile phones and display panels.
– Omron Rocker Switch A8GS – one of the smallest remote rocker switches in its size in the industry being used for printing devices, musical instruments and measuring devices.
Life Innovation Zone
· This area showcases the latest in health devices from OMRON for an easier health monitoring at home leading to better lives.
· It has turned out to be really fascinating with visitors queuing up to get their blood pressure by using the OMRON digital BP monitors.
· Along with these devices, visitors have also been introduced to the other key offerings of OMRON Healthcare portfolio equipped with the competent “intellisense” technology such as OMRON Body Fat Monitors, Blood Glucose Monitors, Nebulizers, etc.
With over 1000 national and international exhibitors spread over 40,000 square meter of exhibition area, ELECRAMA -2014 is the largest edition of the fair this time. The expected footfall is around 1,25,000.