Launch Price Rs 43.16 lakhs for New Audi Q5 SUV in India (42 photos)
Audi has launched the mildly facelifted Q5 SUV in India with a starting price of Rs 43.16 lakhs. New Audi Q5 is available with three engine options in India. Two diesel and one petrol.
Audi has launched the new Q5 SUV facelift in India at a starting price of Rs 43.16 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi). A total of three variants will be on offer in India of the Q5 facelift, two diesel and one petrol. In diesel, buyers will have the option of 2.0L TDI and 3.0L TDI, while in petrol, you have the 2.0L TFSI. The diesel hearts generate 177 hp and 245 hp respectively, while the petrol heart generates 225 hp.
Dimensions of the new Q5 remain same. You can also find the decorative inlays in walnut brown with the new Audi Q5. Other noticeable changes include, refined interior, redesigned steering wheel, controls with slender chrome rings, panels on the center console are styled in high gloss black, MMI navigations now requires just four control keys, skip function has been added on the volume dial. Customers will now be able to choose interior colors in the new Q5.
Audi Q5 first arrived in India in 2008. As compared to the outgoing variant of Q5, the new one has revised bumper, Xenon Plus headlights with LED DRL’s, optional LED rear lights, new one piece grille, while aluminum made engine hood and tailgate. Engine output remains the same, but, Indian car buyers will now have the option of 8-speed ZF transmission, which will make the drive economical and powerful.
For the diesel powered Q5 variants, you have the S Tronic transmission, for the petrol Q5 you have tiptronic tranmission. All variants have been tuned to 4WD with torque vectoring. Tuning has been refined, new Q5 SUV 2.0L TDI delivers ARAI certified mileage of 14.6 kmpl. Wheel size range from 17 to 18 inches. The new Q5 sports a stylish look, thanks to the flat roof line and wrap-around tailgate, front and rear accents are new. For more information, scroll down.
Auto News Release
Audi launches new high-performance Audi Q5 in India- land of quattro; the winner gets even better
• Winner gets more powerful with new elements in design, infotainment, assistance systems and engines
• Two TDI and one TFSI engine; fully updated 2.0 TFSI and 3.0 TDI
• Fuel economy improved by up to 15 percent, despite power increases for engines
• Enhanced driver assistance systems for increased versatility
• INR 43,16,000 onwards (ex-showroom New Delhi)
• Audi Q5 performance SUV available in 6 colours in India
• “The new Audi Q5 is more sporty, comfortable and multifunctional –it has a versatile and successful character”- Mr. Michael Perschke
New Delhi, January 10, 2013: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today unveiled the new Audi Q5 performance SUV with new elements in design, infotainment, assistance systems and engines. The fuel economy of the two TDI engines and one TFSI engine has been improved by upto 15 percent. This luxury SUV will be available at all Audi showrooms across India. The car is priced at INR 43,16,000 onwards (ex-showroom New Delhi).
“After the overwhelming response to our Q range SUV line-up, it is but logical, to introduce the new version of the Audi Q5 in India – land of quattro. There are a host of design and mechanical changes that strongly accentuate the sporty and distinctive off road character of the Audi Q5. The new Audi Q5 exhibits great talent for everyday driving and recreation. I am confident about the success of the new Audi Q5 on the Indian roads. This new SUV will not only wow the Audi fans with its innovations but will also help us in consolidating our leadership position in the luxury SUV segment.” said Mr. Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
The new Audi Q5 is improved on design, driving experience, assistance systems and efficiency. Its extroverted presence boasts of restyled Xenon plus headlights, new homogenous strip of LED daytime running lights and revised rear lights with a more graphic effect and a reduced appearance.
The new Audi Q5 is available in India with a choice of highly efficient and equally powerful engines 2.0 TDIq, 3.0 TDIq and 2.0 TFSIq. In the new Audi Q5, fuel economy has been improved by up to 15 percent despite increased power. The engines combine direct fuel injection with turbo charging.
“Audi has always followed a top-down strategy in India. The Audi Q range has been a winner so far and desirability of our SUVs among the enthusiasts has been on a rise. The Audi Q range has strengthened our product portfolio and contributed significantly to our sales. We hope that the new performance SUV Audi Q5 will drive enjoyment and affinity in the same way as the Audi Q range has so far. The added attraction to owning the new Audi Q5 is a new set of the features from the Audi Q7 which are also available in this new performance SUV.” said Mr. Perschke.
In 2012, Audi India opened new showrooms in Raipur, Kanpur, Goa, Navi Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi West, Nagpur and Bhopal and New Audi Terminal in Ahmedabad.
“2012 was a stellar year for Audi India in terms of growth, progress, expansion and performance. The resonance of our brand in India among discerning customers is tremendous. We crossed our set target of 8000 vehicles last year and revised the target to 8,600 vehicles. We ended the year with a total sale of 9003 cars. Our strong performance is a result of our diverse product portfolio, network expansion, and unique marketing activities and after-sales service at par with global standards. In 2012 we also expanded our horizon in marketing and ventured into new areas with music video, strong brand channels, booking parties at its showrooms and big-scale customer drive events, which created a strong connect with the younger brand enthusiasts and a wider customer base. We hope to continue our impressive performance and mark an equally strong growth in 2013 despite uncertain economic conditions.” said Mr. Perschke.
The sporty design of the new Audi Q5 with its flat roof arch now appears in a meticulously revised and sharpened form. The chrome items on the controls and single-frame grille with chamfering of the top corners with vertical chrome bars is appealing. The bonnet has a kinked design with more powerfully contoured lines. The trapezoidal design of front bumper gives a robust appearance.
The interior of the new Audi Q5 has been further refined. The new leather-covered multifunction steering wheel in 4-spoke design that is specific to the Audi Q model is enchanting along with many of its controls with chrome rings, and the inner fascia of the radio system/CD player and the air-conditioning are styled in high-gloss black. In the revised Audi Q5, customers can choose from 2 interior colours.
The new electromechanical power steering system represents another advancement in efficiency – in straight-line driving, the new Audi Q5 no longer needs any energy for steering. Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC) detects the composition of the road and adjusts its interventions accordingly.
The revised Audi Q5 also sets benchmarks in its class with its driver assistance systems. If it detects that the driver’s concentration is waning, it recommends a break from driving. In the infotainment area, MMI navigation plus has been improved in many aspects, including its voice control functionality.
At a glance: All New Audi Q5
Styling and body
- Sporty SUV body with a sharper profile
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED rear lights
- Engine hood and tailgate are made of aluminum
- Optionally available off-road style package
- Two TDI and one TFSI engine, all with direct fuel injection and turbo charging
- Power from 130 kW (177 hp) to 180 kW (245 hp)
- Fully updated 2.0 TFSI and 3.0 TDI
- Fuel economy improved by up to 15 percent, 2.0 TDI has fuel consumption of 14.6 Km/L[ARAI]
- Energy recovery – standard on all engines
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive for better acceleration, road handling and safety with registered self-locking centre differential and torque vectoring
- Refined tuning, new electromechanical power steering; more precise steering response at higher speeds
- Audi Drive Select dynamic handling system and chassis with damper control
- New leather-covered multifunction steering wheel in 4-spoke design
- Controls with chrome finish
- Inner fascia of the radio system/CD player and the air-conditioning are styled in highgloss black
- Premium Milano leather interior with 2 interior colors in beige and black
- Available in 6 colours
- Bonnet: Kinked design with more powerful contoured lines
- Bumper: Trapezoidal design for robust appearance
- Diffuser brings sporty genes of the SUV to the fore
- Tailpipes: Flat bottomed section with chrome trim
- Audi drive select
- Suspension with damping control
- Three zone automatic air conditioning
- Front seats electrically adjustable
- Wide-range of standard equipment
- Highly advanced driver assistance systems available
- Attractive infotainment systems extending to the top unit MMI navigation plus
- Parking system plus with optional reversing camera
- Hill descent assist
- Driver information system with rest recommendation
The Audi model range in India includes the new Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi A8L, Audi Q3, new Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi S4, Audi RS5 Coupé, Audi TT Coupé, the super sports car Audi R8 and the Audi R8 Spyder available across the country: in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi South, Delhi West, Goa, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mumbai West, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Raipur and Surat.