Spy Shots : Toyota Hilux
In a new development of sorts, Toyota seems to be planning to launch its seventh generation pickup truck, Toyota Hilux in India. Thanks to team-bhp.com,…
In a new development of sorts, Toyota seems to be planning to launch its seventh generation pickup truck, Toyota Hilux in India. Thanks to team-bhp.com, we have spied images of Toyota Hilux while it was being tested. In fact the person who clicked the images said he interacted with the driver who said Toyoto will be testing the vehicle for six months and then decide about launching Hilux in India.
Over the years Toyota has developed Hilux in many versions in order to suite demands from different countries. It is still not clear which of the following version will be launched in India. Or may be Toyota develop an all new version for India.
* 2005 2.0 L gasoline VVT-i DOHC I4 (South Africa, Indonesia and Middle East)
* 2005 2.5 L diesel D-4D DOHC I4, 134 hp (100 kW) – 156 hp (Asia, Europe, South Africa, South America)
* 2005 2.7 L gasoline VVT-i DOHC I4, 160 hp (Australia, Arabian Peninsula, The Philippines, South Africa, USA)
* 2005 3.0 L diesel D-4D DOHC I4, Turbodiesel, commonrail 16-valve direct injection, 173 hp (127KW) (Asia, South Africa, South America, Australia, Europe). This version is made at Toyota’s facility in Z√°rate, Argentina.
* 2005 4.0 L gasoline VVT-i DOHC V6, 228 hp (170 kW) – 236 hp (Australia, South Africa, USA)
* 2008 4.0L Supercharged DOHC V6 306 hp/225 kW (Australia only, TRD edition)