Subaru 2014 Forester at 2012 LA Auto Show: Subaru Highway Automated Response Concept (SHARC) wins Design Challenge
Fuji Heavy Industries Limited, makers of the Subaru range of vehicles has announced that Subaru Highway Automated Response Concept (SHARC) vehicle was adjudged the best…
Fuji Heavy Industries Limited, makers of the Subaru range of vehicles has announced that Subaru Highway Automated Response Concept (SHARC) vehicle was adjudged the best in 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show Design Challenge competition. Subaru designers developed the SHARC as an affordable and environmentally conscious highway patrol vehicle that meets the needs of Hawaii’s strict UltraGreen carbon-neutral environmental regulations.
SHARC vehicles are powered by renewable energy and operate autonomously making full time highway patrol staff redundant. LA Auto Show Design Challenge is sponsored by Faurecia. It is an innovative competition where automotive design studios from across the globe bring in their latest innovations in the auto sector, contending with each other on the basis of their creativity and originality.
This year, participating studios included BMW Group DesignWorks, USA, General Motors Advanced Design California, Honda R&D Advanced Design Studio California and Tokyo, Mercedes Benz R&D North America and Subaru Global Design. These showcased their designs to compete in the Design Challenge theme “Highway Patrol Vehicle 2025”. Subaru presented the SHARC vehicle to patrol inter island Paradise Highway in 2025 Hawaii. The vehicle is affordable and environmentally advanced which will go a long way in reducing highway patrol budgets.
Auto news release: Subaru Highway Automated Response Concept (SHARC) Named 2012 Design Challenge Winner At LA Auto Show
- BMW Group DesignworksUSA
- General Motors Advanced Design California
- Honda R&D Americas, Inc., Advanced Design Studio, California
- Honda R&D Company, Ltd., Advanced Design Studio, Tokyo
- Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.: Advanced Design Center California
- Subaru Global Design
Email - [email protected]
Latest posts by Nabanita Singha Roy (see all)
- Nissan Ashok Leyland JV on the rocks; Evalia production halted - June 26, 2015
- Mercedes Benz S 63 AMG Coupe spied in India, launch soon (Update) - June 24, 2015
- Scoop: Ducati India price list (on-road); bookings open for select models - June 20, 2015