Volkswagen gives India the Polo Saloon as Vento
Here’s a catch. AutoCarIndia.com has recently revealed that Volkswagen is ready with the Vento for the Indian market. This vehicle too follows the naming theme…
Here’s a catch. AutoCarIndia.com has recently revealed that Volkswagen is ready with the Vento for the Indian market. This vehicle too follows the naming theme that VW follows, and refers to wind in Portuguese, and Italian. The Vento in fact is the Polo saloon. It has a few similarities with the hatchback version, and will be up for sale in July, 2010. VW hopes to sell at least 25,000 units a year once full production capacity is reached.
· Rear section well integrated with the body
· Extended wheelbase as compared to Polo Saloon by an estimated 50 mm for better legroom
· Better headroom as the roof isn’t tapering down like the hatchback.
· Elevated in-class comfort
· Special seat cushions that don’t compromise comfort even after long use
· Extended boot space of around 500 liters
· Split seat choice
Vento is going to be available in a petrol, and diesel version, with both displacing 1.6 liters for a 105 bhp. Varying output is noticeable in torque measures with the diesel version offering 25.5 kgm whereas the petrol engine 15.8 kgm.