Say it With Style: 10 Unbelievable Quotes About Automobiles
10. If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 MPG.
– Bill Gates
It seems Bill is not happy with the car industry’s lack of progression and the price we currently have to pay.
9. When it comes to cars, only two varieties of people are possible – cowards and fools.
– Russell Baker
This could definitely divide people, who might not consider themselves to fall into either camp.
8. Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.
– Erma Bombeck
Harsh generalisation? Or right on the money? I guess only experience can tell.
7. Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven.
– Edward de Bono
An accessible and interesting way to describe how people think.
6. I couldn’t find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.
– Ferdinand Porsche
It takes a special kind of person to have a vision and the passion to do this.
5.Ten to 20 years out, driving your car will be viewed as equivalently immoral as smoking cigarettes around other people is today.
– Marc Andreessen
Bold words that make a comment on society’s potential direction. Will it come true? Only time will tell.
4. If any demonstrator ever lays down in front of my car, it’ll be the last car he’ll ever lay down in front of.
– George C. Wallace
Advocating murder-by-automobile based on your political standpoint seems a little extreme.
3. Divorced men are more likely to meet their car payments than their child support obligations.
– Susan Faludi
Many (if not all) divorced fathers would probably disagree that their car is more important than their own children.
2. Ikea people do not drive flashy cars or stay at luxury hotels.
– Ingvar Kamprad
Kamprad makes a very broad generalisation against everyday people who like to visit the furniture giant. Elitist, perhaps?
1. “Take it easy driving – the life you save may be mine.”
– James Dean
Considering James Dean died in a head on car crash during a race, it seems unbelievable he would say this!