Volkswagen has launched their new Beetle R-Line in a choice of two packages. One is an exterior package and the other, an interior package. The exterior package can be orders as a standalone while the interior package is an added feature. To appeal to a variety of customers and pander to their individual choices, the Volkswagen sporty R-Line in a choice of 12 attractive colors, and the exterior and interior packages can be independently added for customisation.
Among its exterior parts are a set of new front bumpers which are seen with black air vents with extensive use of chrome, diffusers at the rear, R-Line logos prominently displayed on the front body, 18” Twister alloy wheels, while 19” alloy Tornado wheels are available on black or white with 235/40 tyres. Where interior options are concerned, the R-Line package includes sports seats attractively upholstered with Kyalami designs, leather trimmed sports steering wheel, gear shifter and handbrake grip.
As per customer’s choices seats may also be upholstered in black Vienna leather. This additional package of interior and exterior updates will cost customers €1,675 and € 1,290 onward respectively. The 2013 R-Line package is offered as on date in combination with 1.4 TSI, 2.0 TSI and 2.0 TDI engines only.
Auto news release: Sporty chic – the Beetle R-Line
Volkswagen now offers two R-Line packages for the Beetle that are based on the top “Sport” version: an exterior package and an interior package. The exterior package may be ordered separately, while the interior package is always offered as an extension of the R-Line exterior details.
Volkswagen R GmbH has created the independent and sporty R-Line options which can be combined with any of the twelve Beetle colours. Parts of the exterior package are:
– Front bumpers with independent black grained air inlets and chrome surrounds for the directional indicators
– diffuser at the rear
– special body side panels and door mirror housings in body colour
– R-Line logos on the front body beneath the A-pillars
– 18-inch “Twister” alloy wheels
– Machine-polished 19-inch “Tornado” alloy wheels may be selected as an option in black or white with 235/40 tyres
The R-Line interior package includes:
– sport seat system with seats upholstered with an active-breathing fabric in “Kyalami” design
– front head restraints with R-Line badge
– leather-trimmed sport steering wheel, the gear shift lever boot and the handbrake grip with decorative seams in “Art Grey”
– decorative inlays in “Dark Vanadium”
As an option, the seats may be ordered in black leather (“Vienna”) with R-Line badges on the head restraints as well as on the door sill plates and the leather-trimmed sport steering wheel. The Beetle Sport is available with a 1.4 TSI (118 kW/160 PS), 2.0 TSI (147 kW/200 PS) or 2.0 TDI (103 kW/140 PS). The additional price for the R-Line exterior package is available at € 1,290, and when the interior package is included the price starts at € 1,675.