As mentioned in our post yesterday, we were in Pune to test drive the new Jetta, here are 2015 VW Jetta photos from today’s national media drive.
From team Rush Lane, Ashwin is attending the drive, which started earlier today. The start point was Jadhavgarh Fort, which is about 20 kms outside of Pune. The drive route was to Mahabaleshwar, a nearby hill station, and back.
Also read – Brochure scans of new Jetta for India
New Volkswagen Jetta exteriors has been re-engineered to make it more aerodynamic. The alloys too have been revised to offer lesser rolling resistance. Overall, the drag has been reduced by 10%.
Available in two engine options, (same as earlier) 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI generating 122 PS and 140 PS respectively, here are a few pointers or first impressions of the new Volkswagen Jetta
– No change in handling and performance, which is good
– Steering is impressive
– Interior quality is top notch
– Legroom and headroom is in plenty
– Massive road presence, sure eyeball turner
– Looks impressive
– Body control, handling are exemplary
– Engine sound seeps in the cabin, both petrol and diesel
– Turbo lag in diesel, petrol low end grunt is less
– Gear shift quality is not impressive, especially in diesel
Remember, this is just a first impression. A full review will be published soon.
Price of the new Jetta is not revealed yet. Expect it to start from Rs 13.5 lakhs. Bookings are now open across all VW India dealerships. Once launched, Jetta will compete with the likes of Skoda Octavia, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, and Renault Fluence.