Having already made its global debut earlier this year, the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift has now been launched in India. It is seen with some major exterior updates and a new set of petrol and diesel engine options. The facelift model is based on the similar W205 platform which was globally introduced in 2014.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift will receive LED head and tail lamps with a crystalline finish. It will sport a diamond grille design with the logo in the center, a new front bumper, revamped ORVM design and a panoramic sun roof. Depending on variant, the new C-Class facelift will get 17” or 18” alloy wheel options.
Interiors will be seen in premium leather upholstery, a new leather encased steering wheel, leather gear knob, 12.3” digital instrument console and a 10.25” high resolution screen for COMAND infotainment system which has an integrated Garmin navigation system with 3D visualization and new interface design with touchpad as standard.
Rear seats will have temperature zones and will be in a 60:40 split while boot space is of 480 liters. Among its safety features will be a total of 7 airbags, adaptive braking system and steering assist.
Only diesel engine options are on offer. On the C 220d it will make 194 hp power and 400 Nm torque while on the C300d it will offer 245 hp power. Both these diesel engines will be BS VI compliant while transmission will be via a 9 speed G-Tronic automatic gearbox.
9 key highlights
· Mercedes-Benz for the first time introduces BS VI diesel power train in the C-Class: The four-cylinder OM 654 diesel engine in the C 220 d and the C 300 d AMG Line
· The OM 654 engine featured in the C 300 d AMG Line and the C 220 d, delivers more output as well as reduction in the noise and vibration characteristics
· The C300 d inherits the sporty character of the AMG Line exterior, with specific adjustments to the front and rear aprons and new MULTIBEAM LED headlamps
· The new C-Class has about 6,500 parts changed over its pre-facelift version, with almost 50 percent changes from the initial C-Class range
· The interiors of the new C-Class have been enhanced with a new 10.25-inch media display screen and new generation telematics which includes NTG 5.5
· The new C-Class also comes with a new body colour option – Mojave Silver
· C-Class remains one of the most successful product in Mercedes-Benz’s portfolio: more than 30,500 units on Indian roads alone
· The attractive service package for the C-Class range starts at Rs. 72,700 which will be available for a period of 2 years
· The New C 220 d Prime is priced at Rs. 40.00 lakhs, C 220 d Progressive is Rs. 44.25 Lakhs, C 300 d AMG line is Rs. 48.50 Lakhs (ex-showroom, India)