Kawasaki India has announced the launch of all new 2019 Ninja ZX10R and the 2019 Ninja ZX10R KRT Edition. The new sportsbike is the 2020 model year variant. It comes with updated engine, which is more powerful than the one seen on older Ninja ZX10R.
Compared to the older 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R, the new one delivers 3 PS more power. The 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled 1 liter engine delivers 203 PS power as compared to 200 PS of older ZX10R. With RAM air, it delivers 213 PS power.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and ZX-10RR were launched in India on 29th July 2018. At that time, they were priced at INR 12.80 lakhs and INR 16.10 lakhs respectively. 2020 edition will also be a CKD variant. It will be assembled at the company’s plant in Pune. Expect launch price to be higher than last year.
2019 editions were sold out within weeks of getting launched. Similar response is expected for 2020 editions, which now come with new colour and more power. Bookings are open across all Kawasaki India dealerships for a refundable amount of Rs 1.5 lakhs. Price has not been announced, and will be revealed at a later date.
Kawasaki ZX-10R comes in with multi level power modes, launch control and ABS. It also receives cornering management, engine braking function and Kawasaki Sports Traction Control system with five modes. Below are detailed updated features on offer;
Upgrades in New Ninja ZX-10R are:
– Increased Engine performance (Maximum power 203 PS / Maximum power with RAM air 213 PS)
– Peak horsepower is higher: +3 PS.
– Finger follower valve actuation (Valve train designed by Kawasaki’s World Superbike engineers)
– DLC (Diamond-like Carbon coating) on finger follower
– Cylinder head ready for High Lift Cam
– Red painted cylinder head cover
– KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter-Dual Direction)
Complementing the above features are:
– S-KTRC (Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control)
– KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode)
– KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
– Electronic throttle valves
– Kawasaki Engine Brake control
– Power mode selection (3 modes)
– KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
– Aluminium Twin-spar Frame
– Aluminium Swingarm
– High performance BREMBO Brake system
– SHOWA BFFF/BFRC (Balance Free Front Fork / Balance Free Rear Cushion)
– O?hlins electronic steering damper.
– Single seater for Indian Market