Born in 1955, Anand Mahindra finished his graduation from Harvard University, after which he earned a degree in MBA from the prestigious Harvard Business School. It was 1981 when Anand Mahindra joined the Mahindra Group as a Executive Assistant to the Finance Director of the Mahindra Ugine Steel Company, reports Wikipedia.
Speaking about the new honour bestowed on him by Forbes India, Anand Mahindra tweeted, “Grateful for all the good wishes on the Leadership Award. Kudos to @forbes_india for an entertaining and unconventional event format.”
Previously, Entrepreneur for the Year 2013 also tweeted to aspiring entrepreneurs, “entrepreneurship is a state of mind. It’s about dreaming big.. So to encourage entrepreneurship watch cricket matches like today’s India-Aussie face-off.That astonishing victory was 1 big dream..” He is referring to the International cricket match in which Indian team won after chasing a record target of 359, with 9 wickets and 6.3 overs to spare.
Today, Mahindra Group features, Mahindra & Mahindra, SsangYong Motors, Mahindra Aerospace, Mahindra Engineering Services, Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited, Mahindra Systech, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam, Mahindra Lifespace Developers, and Mahindra Ugine Steel Company. It has an employee strength of more than 155,000.
The following are the Forbes India Leadership Awards winners for 2013:
1) Start Up for the Year: Phanindra Sama – redBus
2) Nextgen Entrepreneur for the Year: Tarang Jain – Varroc Engineering
3) Entrepreneur with Social Impact: Ranjan Sharma – IKSL
4) Conscious Capitalist Company for the year: HUL
5) Best CEO – Multinational Company: Francisco D’souza – Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp
6) Best CEO – Public Sector: Rakesh Tandon – IRCTC
7) Best CEO – Private Sector: Chanda Kochhar – ICICI Bank
8) Woman Leader for the Year: Chitra Ramkrishna – NSE
9) Lifetime Achievement Award for the Year: Brijmohan Lall Munjal – Hero MotoCorp
10) Entrepreneur for the Year: Anand Mahindra – Mahindra & Mahindra