The past 20 months have been momentous for Audi Group. Spectacular sales and performance has been noted during the past 20 consecutive months. Sales in August reached 11,527 units which was a 13% increase as compared to sales in the same month of the previous year. Demand for Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q7 constituted 32% of these figures in August while out of this Audi A6 sales saw the most increase.
This increase is sales has been noted from January to August 2012 where global car sales rose 17% on the year to 853,000 cars. Sales of Audi cars in Europe rose 14% on to year to 44,200 cars with January to August sales up 13% at 484,800. Sales in August across Germany rose 20% to 18,506 cars while in China this figure stood at 28,068 cars during the same period and in Russia sales jumped 36% to 2,010 cars. It was only in France and Italy where sales fell by 4.5% and 11% respectively on the year.
Audi AG is a major selling brand across Europe. It was a top performer during 2011 and broke all company records in the US markets. Audi AG is also planning further investment of € 13 billion during the period 2012-16 on new products and enhanced technologies.
Auto news release: Audi sets all-time U.S. August sales record with 13% increase, marking 20th consecutive month of record sales
Premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) represent nearly one-third of August Audi customer deliveries
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (the Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) equal 32% of total August sales further demonstrating the brand’s upward mobility in the luxury sector. This was a 61% increase of premium vehicles sold. August sales momentum benefitted strongly from robust demand for the technologically advanced Audi A6 generating a 58.6% sales increase for the month and a 112.3% increase year to date.
Premium consumer interest in the newly designed Audi A4 contributed to a 21.5% increase in sales, while the newly-designed Audi A5 also increased 26.9% for the month and 9.1% year-to-date. The Audi Q7 also performed favorably with an increase of 32.1% for the month of August.
“Audi momentum in the U.S. continues unabated. Twenty consecutive months of record sales proves that the brand is on track to deliver another chart topping year,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Looking ahead, the Audi story will only improve with the introduction of the S6, S7 and S8 premium performance models.”
• August 2012 ranks as the best August in Audi of America history
• Audi A4 sales up 21.5% compared to August 2011; YTD sales grew 6.3% compared to previous period.
• Audi A5 sales up 26.9% compared to August 2011; YTD sales grew 9.1% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 58.6% compared to August 2011; YTD sales up 112.3% compared to previous period.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 56.2% for the A3 TDI and 19.2% for Q7 TDI
• For the record-setting month of August 2012, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A4, the Audi A5, the Audi A6 and the Q7 models.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales set an all-time record of 3,366 vehicles sold, amounting to the best August in Audi history, despite the reduced inventory of available models for the program.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||August ’12 Actual||August ’11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||August ’12 YTD Actual||August ’11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||11,527||10,201||13.0%||88,392||75,256||17.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,366||3,170||6.2%||24,841||25,518||-2.7%|