Audi sales for the month of May was the best ever for the company with a 10% increased see in new vehicles sold in the US. During May 2012, the company sold 11,503 units marking the 17th consecutive month for record sales.
Where Audi premium vehicles such as A8, A7, A6 and Q7 were concerned, sales were up 54%. May sales were not only record sales for the company but during the period January to May 2012, this was the company’s fifth best month with sales of over 11,000 vehicles in the US.
Increased demand was seen for Audi luxury vehicles. YoY sales of Audi A6 increased 260.2% to 1693 units sold while sales of Audi A7 and R8 too were equally promising with 792 units and 47 units sold in the month of May respectively. Audi Q5 sales too increased by 5% in May 2012 over those sold in May 2011 while Audi Q7 saw an increase of 8.8% to 919 units in May 2012 as compared to the same month in the previous year. Audi R8 coupe sales increased by 14.6% to 47 vehicles sold in May 2012 while sales of Audi A4 remained steady in spite of the new and updated model for 2013 being seen in dealer showrooms.
News release: Audi sets all-time U.S. sales record for the month of May
– Audi reports 17th consecutive month of record sales, marking the fifth-best month ever in U.S. for the brand
– May new vehicle sales up 10% to 11,503 vehicles sold in the U.S.
– Premium category vehicle sales (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) up 54% YTD
Audi today reported record-setting May sales with a 10% increase to 11,503 new vehicles sold, marking the 17th consecutive month of unprecedented sales in the U.S. May sales not only represented all-time record total sales for the January-May period, but also marked the fifth-best month ever for the brand, exceeding more than 11,000 in total vehicle sales.
“Consumers are responding favorably to Audi as 17 consecutive months of record-setting sales attests,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “Audi’s progressive luxury and technologically advanced vehicle portfolio continues to set the pace in the high-end sector of the luxury car market.”
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) jumped 54% YTD and represented 34.2% of total May sales. Overall, sales improvements shown by Audi in the top tiers of the luxury sector accounted for 125% of the Audi May gain.
May year-over-year results were buoyed by strong premium vehicle performance of the Audi A6 increasing 260.2% to 1,693 vehicles sold. Sales for the design-forward Audi A7 continued with 792 vehicles sold, while sales of the Audi R8 coupe jumped 14.6% to 47 vehicles sold in May.
– May 2012 ranked as the best May in Audi of America history, marking the fifth-best month ever for the brand.
– Audi A6 sales up 260.2% compared to May 2011; YTD sales grow 124.7% compared to previous period.
– Audi A7 YTD sales increased 194.8%, compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi Q5 increased 5% compared to May 2011; YTD sales up 14.4% compared to previous period.
– Audi Q7 recorded an 8.8% boost in sales with 919 units sold, compared to May 2011.
– Sales of the Audi R8 coupe rose 14.6%, accounting for 47 vehicles sold within the total 90 new vehicle sales for the sports car line in the month.
– Audi A4 sales remained steady despite an inventory draw down in advance of the updated 2013 models just now reaching dealership showrooms.
– Audi May Certified Pre-Owned sales jumped 16.9% compared to vehicles sales from April 2012.