Auto Shanghai says no entry for kids and showgirls for 2015 edition

Kids and show girls are banned from attending Auto Shanghai 2015, following the Chinese government’s warning announced earlier this year with concerns of increasing vulgarity.

Auto Shanghai bans show girls
Besides being kept away from auto shows, scantily dressed models are disappearing from TV dramas and trade shows. A file photo from 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.

Auto Shanghai 2015 opens on April 20, 2015. First two days will be exclusively for the press, while it will open for professionals from April 22-25 while April 25-29 are days on which the show is open to the public. Throughout the show, there will be no kids or showgirls present.

The organizers say that kids are being banned due to security reasons while scantily clad showgirls are being banned as they increase vulgarity. Automakers have also been told not to bring showgirls to the event. Instead of showgirls, for 2015 Shanghai Motor Show they can hire senior sales consultants who are ‘dressed appropriately’.

The organizers of this year’s Shanghai show stated that there will be no glamour models at the show and that they would be setting an example for all future car shows so as to restore the essence of the exhibition.

Auto Shanghai bans show girls
Organized once in two years, 2015 Shanghai Motor Show will have more such dressed appropriately individuals.

Yang Xueliang, spokesman for Zhejiang Geely Holding Group is in favour of this decision citing that recent Chinese car shows companies vied for greater attention not with the quality and standard of their products but by parading half clad showgirls at their stalls.

This year’s Shanghai show will see a host of new international debuts that will include BMW xDrive40e, Citroen Aircross concept, Ford Taurus, Haval H6 Coupe, Nissan Lannia, besides other domestic concept and production car which will be unveiled.

You might also like More from author

Comments