With performance of an open-top sports car, Kopen has outer body panels made from resin can be exchanged like a cover, and drivers can enjoy different designs based on a single framework. Daihatsu showcased 2 of these designs at the motor show.
Daihatsu Deca Deca with super space fits in as much space in it, akin to a view from the front seats of a van, and larger interior utility space. It’s for energetic young people and families who enjoy outdoor pursuits during the weekend, and is friendly for active seniors too.
FC Deco Deck is a zero-emission next gen mobility vehicle equipped with a unique precious metal-free liquid fuel cell system developed by Daihatsu. The company also exhibited 2 types of generators based on the same fuel cell system: FC-Dock 20C and the FC-Dock 5C. Tanto Welcome Seat, a welfare vehicle scheduled for
release based on the new Tanto is also being shown.
(1) Kopen future included Rmz
(2) Kopen future included Xmz (cross-m-z)
Based on the concept of a “New Fun+ open-top sports car with a new feel”, the Kopen is a lightweight open-top sports car with an entirely new form. Featuring body panel designs that can be removed and replaced like a cover, it offers drivers a new way of enjoying their car. It also offers an improved drive thanks to its framework and structure. The result is the ultimate new experience; a car that is both a pleasure to drive and own.
Rmz and Xmz: Two proposals
* Rmz design features
– Unique “Stylish & Emotional” styling
– High quality interior using only the best materials
* Xmz design features
– “Tough & Aggressive” styling with a real presence, thanks to a combination of different
materials and textures on the bodywork
– Simple interior with a stripped back feel
2. Deca Deca
New concept “super space” vehicle
The Deca Deca combines a commanding viewpoint and sense of openness on a par with any van or people carrier on the market. It offers an outstanding utility space that adapts to suit a whole host of purposes, especially outdoor pursuits and activities. It is a vehicle in a category of its own, offering new and hidden possibilities thanks to its versatile seat arrangements and other features.
– New packaging for a mini vehicle, based on the new “super space” concept – Sense of openness and wide viewpoint thanks to its height (1,850mm) and high seating
position, making driving even easier
– Double doors and large openings on both sides, making it easy to load and unload bulky items
– Seat arrangements to suit various purposes, thanks to extended sliding rails on the front seats and the option to fold all seats flat
3. FC Deco Deck
Zero-emission next generation vehicle with a liquid fuel cell system ideal for a mini vehicle The FC Deco Deck is equipped with a simple, compact and low-cost fuel cell generator that opens up new possibilities.
Show Cars (3/4)
– Next generation fuel cell vehicle equipped with Daihatsu’s unique “precious metal-free liquid fuel cell” technology
– New compact fuel cell system ideal for a mini vehicle, using liquid fuel with high energy density
– New platform offering greater freedom, thanks to a compact fuel cell system that can be installed under the floor
– Low-cost fuel cell stack that is precious metal-free and helps save resources
FC-Dock: Proposing new possibilities for the fuel cell generator
– A simple, compact, low-cost generator which proposes a new way of using fuel cells.
– Uses a bottle replacement system to avoid direct contact with the fuel, making refueling simple and safe.
– Self-contained generator capable of starting up without external power, enabling it to supply power even in an emergency
4. New Tanto Welcome Seat (scheduled for release)
A greatly evolved welfare vehicle, based on the space and usability offered by the new Tanto
– The only mini vehicle with “miracle open doors”, enabling two different modes when getting in and out of the vehicle
– Includes a model based on the Custom model for the first time, in response to requests from customers
Tanto, Tanto Custom, Move, Move Custom, Move Conte, Mira E:S, Mira Cocoa[Reference] Daihatsu-Tamiya Mini 4WD collaboration
Daihatsu has teamed up with Tamiya Inc. to produce a limited number of Mini 4WD (mini-yonku) toy cars imitating the Kopen, with the two designs on display at the Tokyo Motor Show set into one package. Visitors who sign up to the Kopen mailing list at the Daihatsu booth during the motor show and complete a short quiz will be entered into a draw to win one of 3,000 cars. Visitors who sign up to the Kopen mailing list via Daihatsu’s special Tokyo Motor Show 2013 website will also be entered into a draw to win one of 2,000 cars.