Despite the fact that the economic slowdown has once again returned to haunt the automobile sector, Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales growth at 9% during the month of June 2012. The company sold 4,064 units in June 2012 while YTD sales during the year 2012 were at 26,059 units as against 23,412 units sold in YTD 2011.
Sales of buses stood at 1,114 units in June 2012, a growth of 23.8% as compared to those sold in June 2011 while sales of trucks recorded a growth of 4.8% over June 2011 figures. Exports on the other hand have escalated 177.6% with the company exporting 297 units in June 2012 as against 107 units sold in June 2011.
Where the domestic markets were concerned Eicher bus sales were up 16.6% during June 2012. The company sold 1,049 units in June 2012 as compared to 900 units in June 2011. YTD 2012 sales escalated to 4,826 units as against YTD 2011 sales of only 3,398 units – a growth of 42%. Truck sales on the other hand were up 6.1% with the company selling 523 units in June 2012 and 493 units in June 2011. YTD 2012 sales too increased by 26% as they were at 4197 units this year and 3331 units in YTD 2011.
Auto News Release
Eicher trucks and buses record 9% Growth in sales in June 2012 – YTD growth stands at 11.3%
The following are the key highlights for June 2012
· Despite overall slowdown being witnessed in the Commercial vehicles industry, Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 4064 units in the month of June 2012 which is 9.2% higher than June 2011 sales. The YTD 2012 sales stands at 26059 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 23412 units, representing a growth of 11.3%. While all product segments have recorded growth over June 2011, the growth is driven by buses which have recorded sale of 1114 units in June 2012 a growth of 23.8% over June 2011 and LMD (5-14t)trucks which have recorded 4.8% growth over June 2011. Exports have recorded 177.6% growth.
· In the domestic CV Market ( 5T and Above), Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 4.2% in June 2012 as compared to June 2011. The June 2012 figure stood at 3767 units as compared to 3616 units in June 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 24685 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 21917 units, representing a growth of 12.6%.
· In the domestic Bus segment, Eicher Buses have recorded a 16.6% growth. The June 2012 sales stand at 1049 units as compared to 900 units in June 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 4826 units as compared to YTD 2011 sales of 3398 units, representing a 42% growth.
· The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher branded trucks have recorded sales of 523 units in the domestic market as against 493 units in June 2011, representing a growth of 6.1%. YTD Eicher HD sales are 4197 units as against 3331 units in 2011, representing a 26% growth.
· On the Exports front Eicher Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 297 units in June 2012 as against 107 units in June 2011, representing a growth of 177.6% . The exports pipeline continues to be very healthy.
About VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd (VECV):
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a 50-50 joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, VE Powertrain, Eicher’s components and engineering design services businesses as well as the sales and distribution business of Volvo trucks within India. VECV aims to become a full-range commercial vehicle company whose products will drive modernization in commercial transportation in India and other emerging world markets.
Media contact: Ashim Gupta: firstname.lastname@example.org