Just like every other two wheeler maker in the country, dealers of Hero MotoCorp who have stocks pending of BSIII vehicles are going to stay open till midnight 31st March 2017 and clear the sale of BSIII machines.
This is being done across India so that the dealer can sell off the BSIII vehicle today itself, as from tomorrow, it is illegal to sell BSIII machines.
Hero Splendor, Glamour and Pleasure are three such products which are being sold at a discounted price. A total of INR 15,000 discount is being offered on sale of each of this vehicle.
Upgrades on board the Hero Super Splendor 125cc motorcycle is part of the company strategy to upgrade its entire lineup while they also launched the refreshed Hero MotoCorp Glamour. The new Super Splendor receives new body graphics, new black alloy wheels, side stand indicator from Splendor iSmart and a well designed instrument cluster. New color updates include Black with Electric Purple, Candy Blazing Red, Graphite Black, Heavy Grey, Vibrant Blue and Black with Fiery Red.
The 125cc Super Splendor with its various upgrades now comes in at a retail price of INR 51,250 – ex showroom Delhi and INR 53,735 – ex showroom Mumbai. It is built on a tubular double cradle type chassis with sports telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers in the front and swing arm with adjustable hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear.
The same 124.7cc aircooled, single cylinder OHC engine continues on board the upgraded Super Splendor which is capable of 9.12 PS power at 7,000 rpm and 10.35 Nm torque at 4,000 rpm while being mated to a 4 speed constant mesh gearbox. Top speed is at 90 kmph while the Super Splendor has a wet weight of 121 kgs. The new Hero Super Splendor competes with Bajaj Discover, Honda CB Shine and TVS Phoenix, all in the 125 cc segment.
- Type: Air cooled, 4 – stroke single cylinder OHC
- Displacement: 124.7 cc
- Max. Power: 6.72 KW (9.12 Ps) @ 7000 rpm
- Max. Torque: 10.35 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Max. Speed: 90 Kmph
- Bore x Stroke: 52.4 X 57.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.1 : 1
- Starting: Kick Start / Self Start
- Ignition: Advanced micro processor ignition (AMI) system
Transmission & Frame
- Clutch: Multi Plate Wet
- Gear box: 4 Speed Constant Mesh
- Frame Type: Tubular Double Cradle Type
- Front: Telescopic Hydraulic Shock Absorbers
- Rear: Swing arm with 5 step adjustable hydraulic shock absorbers
- Front Brake: Internal expanding type – 130 mm Dia
- Rear Brake Disc: Internal expanding type – 130 mm Dia
Wheels & Tyres
- Rim Size Front: 18 X 1.60, Cast Wheel
- Rim Size Rear: 18 X 1.60, Cast Wheel
- Tyre Size Front: 2.75 X 18 – 42 P / 4 PR
- Tyre Size Rear: 2.75 X 18 – 48 P / 6 PR
- Battery: MF Battery, 4 : 12 V 3 Ah
- Head Lamp: 35W / 35W – Halogen bulb ( Multifocal Reflector )
- Tail/Stop Lamp: 5 W – 21 W (Multi-Reflector Type)
- Length: 1995 mm
- Width: 735 mm
- Height: 1095 mm
- Saddle Height: 785 mm
- Wheelbase: 1265 mm
- Ground Clearance: 150 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 ltrs. (Min)
- Reserve: 1 Ltrs (Usable Reserve)
- Kerb Weight: 121 Kg (Self)