New generation Honda Accord has made a come back to the Indian auto industry. The car was launched today, and is now available across India.
Honda Accord will only be offered with a hybrid powertrain. This is in the form of a i-VTEC 4-cylinder 2.0-liter and electric motor powered by an 1.3 kWh Li-Ion battery pack. The peak combined power output stands at 215 PS which is sent to the wheels via E-CVT. A total of three driving modes are on offer – EV Drive, Hybrid Drive and Engine Drive. Price of the car starts from INR 37 lakh, ex-sh Delhi.
Exterior features include LED headlights, LED taillights, LED foglights, LED DRLs, four colour options (Lunar Silver Metallic, White Orchid Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl and Modern Steel Metallic), electric sunroof, 18 inch alloys.
Interior features on offer are two hi-resolution colour screens on central dashboard, one is a 7-inch Advance touch-screen display audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto; while the second is a 7.7-inch intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID). It also gets electrically adjustable front seats with memory function for driver seat, Ivory colour leather seats, rain sensing wipers, auto high-beam headlights, keyless entry, Cruise control, i-Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control with Plasma Cluster, Auto-dimming mirror, Remote engine start, ANC – Active Noise Cancellation.
Below are some fun facts about the new Honda Accord Hybrid
1) You can start your Honda Accord Hybrid with a remote, to pre-cool the car in summer and pre-heat in winter
2) Honda Accord Hybrid has a 2 motor hybrid system – 215 PS peak power, yet 23.1 kmpl
3) Accord Hybrid’s AC automatically adjusts temp, blower speed where sunlight enters the cabin!
4) Honda Accord Hybrid can run on Hybrid mode, pure electric or engine only. It has a sport mode for very quick acceleration.
5) Honda Accord Hybrid has sound proofing & Active Noise Cancellation so all that you’ll hear from outside is absolute nothing!
6) Honda Accord Hybrid has LaneWatch – A camera on rear view mirror to show extended view of other lanes, on screen.
7) Safety features on offer are – 6 airbags, Parking sensors, ISOFIX mounting points, Honda LaneWatch, Reverse camera, ABS, BA, VSA, HSA, etc.
Honda Accord Hybrid – Photos
Honda Accord Hybrid Launch Presentation