Two kids who popped head out of car’s sunroof die due to kite thread

Heading home after celebrating Independence Day in the capital, two kids have died in two seperate incidents, both due to the same reason – throat slit by glass-laced kite thread.

The first incident reported was that of Sanchi Goyal, who was sitting in her mother’s lap while her father was driving the car. With celebrations all around, Sanchi requested her dad to open the sunroof of their car so that she can have a better look outside.

Her father soon opened the sunroof of his Honda City. Sanchi popped her head out of the window while her mother held her beneath. Hardly a few seconds later, Sanchi just collapsed into her mother’s lap. A kite thread had slit her throat. She died instantly and could not even scream for help. Police revealed that the kite thread slit her vocal chords and windpipe, causing instant death.

2016 Audi A6 Sunroof

In second reported case of the day, 4 yr old Harry died in a similar way when he placed his head out of the sunroof of his dad’s Maruti Swift DZire.

Another incident reported involved a 8 yr old who was travelling with his dad on a motorcycle. Sitting in the front, the 8 yr old was badly injured when a kite’s thread glaced with glass slit his throat. Luckily, the cut was not deep and the boy has survived after getting 24 stitches on his throat.

Of the three incidents reported, two kids died almost instantly, so much so that they could not even shout / scream for help. This has resulted in the government announcing a ban on the sale / use of glass-laced thread for flying kites in the capital.

PS – Readers are requested not to use sunroof to pop their heads out of a moving car. You are putting yourself in danger by doing so.

You might also like More from author