New KTM Duke 250 launched in India – Price, Specs, Details
Price of the new KTM Duke 200 starts from INR 1.43 lakh, that of new KTM Duke 250 starts from INR 1.73 lakh, and that of KTM Duke 390 starts from INR 2.25 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi.
KTM 250 Duke is based on the same design philosophy as the 2017 390 Duke and will be seen new LCD instrumentation with a price tag of INR 1.73 lakhs. The range will be produced at the Bajaj Auto plant at Chakan near Pune with deliveries to commence from March 2017.
Design elements include a new bolt on rear subframe, large steel tank, high tech TFT display, LED DRL and twin disc brakes. Sadly, it does not get the ABS option. Unlike the Duke 200, which largely gets new colour options and decals, the
Frame – The 2017 250 Duke like the 390 Duke receives an exclusive chassis. This lightweight steel trellis frame allows for enhanced performance and maximum maneuverability with state of the art precision.
Swingarm – the new Duke gets a well defined die cast swingarm based on the same style as that seen on the 690 Duke R. It is made of light alloy and gets directly linked WP shock absorbers offering added torsional stiffness and better tracking stability.
Upside-Down Fork – KTM 250 Duke receives an upside-down form with WP Suspension offering all the advantages of easy maintenance. It makes it lightweight and at the same time highly capable for tackling rugged terrain.
Shock Absorber – With progressive spring results in better feedback where the new KTM 250 Duke is concerned. Preload is adjustable while suspension more balanced in terms of solo ride or with a pillion rider.
Wheels and Tyres – 17” cast light cast alloy wheels fitted with best in class tyres are seen on the new 250 Duke. These tyres are 110mm wide in front and 150mm wide at the rear promising enhanced durability and better grip in both wet and dry weather conditions. It gets MRF Tyres.
New KTM Duke 250 – Launch Video
New KTM Duke 250 SPECS
- ENGINE – 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- DISPLACEMENT – 248.8 cm³
- BORE – 72 mm
- STROKE – 61.1 mm
- POWER IN KW – 22 kW (31.3 PS)
- TORQUE IN Nm – 24 Nm
- STARTER – Electric starter
- LUBRICATION – Wet sump
- TRANSMISSION – 6-speed
- PRIMARY DRIVE – 30:80
- SECONDARY GEAR RATIO – 15:46
- COOLING – Liquid cooled
- CLUTCH – PASC™ antihopping clutch, mechanically operated
- EMS – Bosch EMS
New KTM Duke 250 – CHASSIS
- FRAME DESIGN – Steel trellis frame, powder coated
- FRONT SUSPENSION – WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- REAR SUSPENSION – WP monoshock
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT) – 142 mm
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR) – 150 mm
- FRONT BRAKE – Four-piston radial fixed calliper, brake disc
- REAR BRAKE – Single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER – 300 mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER – 230 mm
- ABS – Bosch 9MB two-channel ABS (not for India)
- CHAIN – X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4″
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE – 66 °
- WHEELBASE – 1357 ± 15.5 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE – 185 mm
- SEAT HEIGHT – 830 mm
- TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.) – 13.4 l
- DRY WEIGHT – 149 kg
- FRONT TYRE – 17 inch, 110 wide
- REAR TYRE – 17 inch 150 wide
New KTM Duke 250 – Photos
New KTM Duke 250 – First Look Video