Available for an aggressive price tag of Rs 43,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi), Mahindra Gusto competes with the likes of Honda Activa, TVS Jupiter, Hero Maestro and TVS Scooty Zest. Following its successful launch in North and West India today, the new Gusto will be making its way to the rest of India in the coming weeks. It will also be launched in countries outside India like South Asia, Latin America and Africa in the months ahead.
Well timed ahead of the festive season in India, Mahindra Gusto is built at an investment of Rs 65 crores, with 55 engineers involved at their R&D facility in Pune for 25 months. It is named after a gust of wind, and symbolizes a spirit of freedom, says Mahindra. Manufactured at the company’s plant in Pithampur (Indore), Gusto is powered by a 110 cc single cylinder, air cooled 4 stroke engine offering 8 PS peak power at 7500 rpm and 9 Nm peak torque around 5500 rpm. Power is transmitted to rear wheels via a CVT transmission.
Gusto sits on a wheelbase of 1275mm and features 12 inch tubeless tyres. It has ground clearance of 165mm and an upright riding position with comfortable seating and commuter friendly ergonomics. Mahindra Gusto measures 1825mm in length, 697mm in width and stands 1275mm in height. Gusto promises more space for rider and pillion and boasts of telescopic front suspension and excellent turn in radius. It uses 130mm drum brakes both at the front and rear and has a tank capacity of 6 litres.
As far as features on offer the new Gusto, it comes with height adjustable seat, remote flip key, find-me lamps, LED pilot lamps, guide lamp, telescopic suspension with air springs, front kick, underseat storage and quick storage (right next to the instrument console). The quick storage is to keeping mobile phone, wallet, change, etc. It has been patented by Mahindra.
Six colour options on offer are Iceberg White, Galactic Black, Magnetic Magenta, Volcanic Red, Arctic White and Raven Black. Gusto delivers a claimed mileage of 63 kmpl. Available in two trims – Vx and Dx, the availability of features and colour option depends on the variant you buy. Gusto Vx is priced at Rs 47,000 (ex-Delhi).
Further read – Mahindra Gusto Review
Mahindra launches all new global scooter GUSTO at an attractive Rs 43000 (ex-Delhi)
Gusto first indigenously designed scooter with distinctive Italian styling, advanced M-TEC engine,
superior ride quality and India’s first patented Height Adjustable Seat
· The Italian styled, technologically advanced GUSTO, is the first global scooter to be developed at Mahindra Two Wheelers’ state-of-art R&D Centre in Pune.
· Creating new benchmarks in styling, performance, ride quality and comfort, the GUSTO comes with a wide array of consumer inspired technology features:
– Height Adjustable Seat: GUSTO is India’s first scooter to offer a Height Adjustable Seat. Now anyone in the family can effortlessly ride the scooter despite his or her height by simply raising or lowering the seat height.
– Innovations: GUSTO has a host of category-first features like Remote Flip Key, Find-Me Lamps, Guide Lamps, Bright Halogen Head Lamp with LED pilot lamps, easy Front Kick and a Quick Storage compartment
– Italian Styling: GUSTO boasts of a distinctive, bold, and aspirational style
– Performance: It is powered by the high performance, refined 110 cc M-TEC engine with advanced features such as stronger crankshaft and bearings, high inertia magneto, high energy HT coil and series regulator to deliver superior power, efficiency and reliability.
– Ride Quality: The large 12 inch wheels, front telescopic suspension with air springs, long stroke hydraulic rear suspension, high ground clearance, wide wheel base and tubeless tyres, ensure best-in-class ride quality, safety and stability, even on the toughest roads.
· Available in 2 variants : GUSTO Vx and GUSTO Dx
· Launched in Northern and Western India. Phased rollout to Rest of India, South Asia, Latin America & Africa in a few months
· An astonishing introductory price of only Rs 43000 (for Dx) and Rs 47000 ( for Vx)
Mumbai, September 29, 2014: Mahindra Two Wheelers Limited, a part of the US $16.5 billion Mahindra Group, today launched its much awaited global scooter ‘GUSTO’, developed entirely indigenously at its state-of-art R&D facility in Pune.
The name – GUSTO, is a derivative of a gust’, which connotes a sudden strong current of wind, symbolizing the spirit of freedom. A host of consumer inspired technology innovations are thus expected to usher in winds of change in the way consumers experience scooters. The Mahindra GUSTO is India’s first scooter with a unique patented Height Adjustable Seat, making it easy for anyone to effortlessly adjust the seat height as per their individual needs. GUSTO’s distinctive, bold and aspirational styling has its origins in Italy. It’s advanced (M-TEC) engine and vehicle design offer superior performance, efficiency, reliability, ride quality and comfort. It is packed with innovative features such as the Remote Flip Key, Find-Me Lamps, Guide Lamps, Bright Halogen Head Lamp with LED pilot lamps, easy Front Kick and a Quick Storage compartment, designed to provide delightful consumer experiences.
The elaborate design process involved extensive consumer research, and leveraging of deep consumer insights. The GUSTO has undergone rigorous validation and testing over many months.
Dr Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “The Gusto is Mahindra’s first ground-up scooter developed entirely inhouse. Based on deep consumer insights, it deploys innovative technology to create a category defining product, which will provide exceptional value in the fast growing 100 cc scooter market. This is truly what our Rise philosophy is about. With the Gusto, we are committed to further consolidating our Two Wheeler business in India and globally.”
Rajesh Jejurikar, Chief Executive – Farm Equipment & Two Wheeler Division & Member of the Group Executive Board said, “The Italian styled Gusto is powered by the smooth & fuel efficient M-TEC engine. It is India’s first scooter with a Height Adjustable Seat. The telescopic suspension with air springs and 12- inch wheels give it a best-in-class ride experience. Other category-first features like Remote Flip Key, Find-Me Lamps and bright Halogen Head Lamp with LED Pilot Lamps, create amazing value.”
The GUSTO is being launched at an extremely attractive introductory price of Rs 43000 (Ex-showroom Delhi) for the GUSTO Dx variant. The top end GUSTO Vx variant will be priced at Rs 47000 (Ex-showroom Delhi)
The GUSTO will first be launched in the Northern and Western parts of the country. It will then be rolled out in phased manner to the rest of the country over the next few months.
The coming months will also see GUSTO being launched globally across South Asia, Latin America and Africa.