First launched in January 2016, Mahindra KUV100 received a higher than expected reception from car buyers in the initial months. So much so that, Mahindra KUV100 compact SUV saw overwhelming demand to the extent that waiting period increased to 4 months. Bookings for Mahindra KUV100 crossed the 21,000 mark in just a month after launch.
To address this high demand, Mahindra increased production at the company plant in Chakan, Maharashtra. The plant had production capacity of 9,000 units which was stepped up to 12,000 units to meet with this increased demand and reduce waiting period. In fact there was a month when KUV100 was the best selling Mahindra product, posting even higher sales than Bolero.
But, over the course of last few months, the sales have started to decline. And now with the launch of a more feature-rich rival (Maruti Ignis), Mahindra KUV100 could see even further decline in sales. In order to arrest this decline, Mahindra will soon launch a new anniversary edition of the KUV100 in the coming days. This new variant will offer more value for money to their customers, as they will come with added features, but without any increase in price. Mahindra KUV100 Anniversary Edition has been unveiled to the public. Below are the photos.
New KUV100 Anniversary Edition will be seen with a Flamboyant Red or Dazzling Silver exterior colour scheme, with black roof. Interiors will be seen in sporty black theme while new 15 inch ‘Dynamic Design’ alloys are also on offer. Along with this, Mahindra will also launch four new styling kits called – Sporty exterior kit, Sporty interior kit, Premium exterior kit, Premium interior kit.
Speaking to ET Auto, Pravin Shah, Cheif Executive, Mahindra said – the philosophy of Mahindra always was to offer value of Rs 100 at Rs 50. As part of this philosophy, the SUV makers have decided to offer fresh upgrades and updates to the KUV100 in the form of dual colour tones, larger alloy wheels and new accessories.
?Mahindra KUV100 was launched in four variants K2, K4, K6 and K8 and three sub-variants K2+, K4+ and K6+. Prices range between INR 4.71 lakhs and INR 6.37 lakhs for the petrol variants while diesel engined models are priced from INR 5.65 lakhs to INR 7.30 lakhs.
Mahindra KUV100 is powered by a 1.2-liter mFalcon G80 petrol engine capable of 82bhp power and 114 Nm torque and a 1.2-liter mFalcon D75 diesel engine offering 77 bhp power and 190 Nm torque. Both engines are mated to 5-speed manual gearbox. The SUV is on sale through company dealerships in the country besides Flipkart and Mahindra online selling platform M2ALL.
KUV100 Anniversary Edition Key Highlights
– New avatar of the KUV100 to sport the following:
– Stylish dual tone exteriors: Choose between a Flamboyant Red or a Dazzling Silver with Metallic Black Roof
– All new sporty black interior theme with new upholstery design
– Larger 15” alloy wheels for an enhanced SUV stance
– Personalize your KUV100 with sporty and premium accessory kits – the sporty exterior & interior kits and the premium exterior & interior kits
– New features available on the K8 6 seater variant in both petrol & diesel options
– The KUV100 price starts at 4.58 Lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi) and its new avatar will be available on the top end K8 variant for Rs. 6.37 Lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi), at a differential of Rs 13,000 only
– Bookings are open at all Mahindra dealerships with immediate effect.