Friday morning’s drive in their 3-month-old Maruti Baleno ended in disaster when Naushad A of Kuttikattukara and his 12-year-old son were traveling, caught fire. Naushad was out to drop his son at a school in Edappally.
Naushad noticed smoke emerging out of the Baleno’s bonnet. He soon stopped the car on the side of the road. He and his son exited the car immediately. In minutes, the entire car burst into flames. Though Naushad was relieved that he and his son managed to get out of the vehicle in time, the fact remains that his new Baleno is a complete write-off.
The fire brigade was told about the mishap, but they arrived late due to a traffic block. By the time fire brigade managed to extinguish the fire, there was nothing remaining, except for metal parts.
Naushad had purchased the Maruti Baleno just three months ago from Nexa showroom at Palarivottom. The vehicle has been taken to the service center while a team from Delhi has been called in to inspect the vehicle and cause of fire. Even as a team of experts from Delhi are inspecting reason for such a calamity, the fact that a brand new Maruti Suzuki Baleno caught fire has caused some concerns.
A mail to Maruti Suzuki India has been sent regarding the mishap. We are awaiting their response.