Maruti Suzuki’s attempt to take over the premium compact crossover segment with the S-Cross didn’t progress as planned. The car which is being retailed exclusively by the Nexa outlets couldn’t quite manage to match the Hyundai Creta‘s sales performance. As a result, several Nexa dealers resorted to hefty discounts (to the tune of INR 5.5 lakhs depending on the variant and location) in order to deplete the inventory.
Now, Maruti Suzuki has silently slashed the prices of the S-Cross significantly in an attempt to make it more appealing. The DDiS 200 variants powered by the 90 PS 1.3-litre Fiat MultiJet diesel engine are now cheaper by up to INR 66,000 depending on the variant while the DDiS 320 variants powered by the 120 PS 1.6-litre Fiat MultiJet motor witness a price slash of INR 2.05 lakhs across all the variants.
This is one of the largest price slashes in the history of the Indian auto industry. Probably, it’s second only to the infamous Honda Civic Hybrid which got cheaper by around INR 8 lakhs overnight, back in 2008.
The Maruti S-Cross is hoping to appeal to a wider audience base with the significant price reduction.
Maruti S-Cross – Revised Price List
- DDiS 200 Sigma – INR 7.79 lakhs (cheaper by INR 55,000)
- DDiS 200 Delta – INR 8.49 lakhs (cheaper by INR 66,000)
- DDiS 200 Zeta – INR 9.59 lakhs (cheaper by INR 40,000)
- DDiS 200 Alpha – INR 10.29 lakhs (cheaper by INR 46,000)
- DDiS 320 Delta – INR 9.94 lakhs (cheaper by INR 2.05 lakhs)
- DDiS 320 Zeta – INR 10.95 lakhs (cheaper by INR 2.05 lakhs)
- DDiS 320 Alpha – INR 11.69 lakhs (cheaper by INR 2.05 lakhs)