Honda Cars India announced today the launch of a new variant of their compact sedan Amaze. Called the Privilege Edition, this new variant comes with Digipad touchscreen infotainment system. Digipad is Honda’s new infotainment system which has been seen on the new City facelift already.
Other than the addition of Digipad, the new Honda Amaze Privilege Edition comes with new body graphics, Privilege Edition emblem, center arm rest for driver, and Privilege Edition themed beige colour seat covers.
First launched in 2013, Honda Amaze has been one of the best selling car for the brand ever since. Earlier last year, Honda Cars India improved the Amaze by launching a facelift variant. New Honda Amaze is priced from INR 5.64 lakh for the petrol variant and INR 6.85 lakh for the diesel variant. All price ex-showroom, New Delhi.
Speaking about the price of new Honda Amaze Privilege Edition, it is priced from INR 6.48 lakh for the petrol variant and INR 7.73 lakh for the diesel variant. Features of the Honda Digipad are as follows –
· In-built Satellite Linked 3D Navigation
· My storage Internal Media Memory 1.5GB
· Mirror Link support for Smartphone Connectivity
· Internet access for Browsing, Email and Live Traffic via optional Wifi Receiver
· Voice Commands for Media, Navigation and Calling
· Smartphone Voice Assistant Activation
· Bluetooth for Handsfree Telephone and Audio Streaming Support
· AM/FM Digital Radio Tuner, MP3/WAV, i-Pod/i-phone compatible
· USB slots (2 Nos), Micro SD Card Slots for Maps and Media (2 Nos.) & HDMI-IN port
Compared to the pre-facelift Amaze, new Amaze gets a meatier front profile thanks to new bumper and grille. Rear gets new bumper, new chrome slat and a revised taillight. On the inside, Amaze gets a new dashboard which is inspired by that of new City’s. This makes the Amaze more upmarket and premium.
Competing with the likes of new Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Tata Zest, Ford Aspire and the VW Ameo, Honda Amaze has been managing to post average monthly sales of over 3,000 units for the last six months. Ever since launch, sales of Honda Amaze have crossed the 2.4 lakh mark
Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Limited, said, “Our endeavor has always been to offer best in class features to our customers & we are happy to offer the Privilege Edition of the Honda Amaze with Digipad for advanced infotainment. The new edition with its enhanced value is a compelling offer for our Amaze customers and is available as limited edition.”