Watch 2017 KTM Duke 390 take on corners in new Nail the Apex TVC
At the EICMA 2016 last month, KTM took wraps off the new generation Duke 390 and Duke 125. Sharper and responsive than ever before, the new Duke’s will first go on sale in Europe, after which it will be launched in India.
Powering the new KTM Duke 390 is the same 373 cc single cylinder engine, but which is now more refined to deliver a sharper response. Power output remains same as before at 44 PS but the torque output has been increased by 2 Nm to 37 Nm. Transmission is taken care by a six speed gearbox.
Highlights of 2017 KTM Duke 390
– Priced from €5,898 (INR 4,44,457.65) in Austria.
– New trellis frame that features a bolt-on rear subframe
– Larger fuel tank of 13.4 litres (old had 11 liters)
– Side-mounted exhaust system
– Wheelbase reduced by 10 mm to 1,357 mm
– Ground clearance increased by 15 mm to 185 mm
– Seat height increased by 30 mm to 830 mm
– Dry weight increased by 10 kg to 149 kg
– Power 44 hp (same as before)
– Torque 37 Nm (2 Nm increased)
– Ride-by-wire, LED DRL, LED headlight, LED taillight
– Colour TFT instrument panel
– KTM MY RIDE for smartphone tethering
– Ride modes
– New Brembo braking system via Bosch 9MB two-channel ABS
Watch the new KTM Duke 390 take on corners like a boss in the video below.
KTM Duke 390 – Old vs New