Hexa is the new flagship SUV from Tata Motors. It measures 4,788 mm in length, 1,903 mm in width and 1,791 mm in height while it has a wheelbase measuring 2,850 mm and a ground clearance of 200 mm. On its exterior, black plastic cladding, side sills, projector headlamps and roof rails are evident along with chrome exhaust pipes and a host of chrome accents while it sits on diamond cut alloy wheels.
Interiors of the Tata Hexa receive leather upholstery, ambient mood lighting and a Harman touchscreen infotainment system. It also gets safety features like Electronic Stability Program, 6 airbags and optional six seat configuration.
The Hexa is powered by Tata’s 2.2 liter VARICOR turbodiesel engine offering 156.2 PS peak power at 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm peak torque at 1,700 to 2,700 rpm mated to a 6 speed manual or a 6 speed automatic gearbox. Manual variant also gets a 4×4 option with 4 drive modes.
With launch scheduled for 18th Jan 2017, new details about the car has been leaked. This new documents reveal that the new Tata Hexa can be customised via a list of accessories as well as three styling kits – Tuff Kit, Expedition Kit and Luxe kit.
Hexa Tuff Kit includes added body cladding, a roof box, heads up display and a tyre pressure monitoring system. It will also be seen with a wireless charger with tray located on the front central arm rest along with matching car mats. This Tuff Kit is the most expensive of the three and will come in at INR 1.3 lakhs in addition to the cost of the vehicle.
Expedition Kit on offer with the Tata Hexa will appeal to a more adventurous set of buyers. This kit includes a roof platform with LED light bar, foldable roof mounted canopy and puddle lamps. A waterproof luggage bag and shovel will also be a part of the accessories on offer on the new Tata Hexa.
Luxe Kit, as the name suggests, will consist of some luxury items such as accents on the Hexa exterior that include inserts in lighting cluster, side mouldings, door handles in chrome finish and illuminated front logo. Exteriors will be seen with wireless charging pad, a chiller box and puddle lamps. In addition, customers can also opt for art leather seats while black leather seating will cost INR 12,596 and tan seating will cost INR 13,688. There will also be two types of cycle racks at INR 15,065, 16” alloy wheels at INR 8,520 and side steps priced at INR 4,436.
With all technical specs of the car revealed at the national media ride late last year, the only figures buyers remain to be told are prices, variants and claimed fuel efficiency figures.
Of the three, the variants were revealed earlier last month by a leaked owner’s manual . As per the leaked manual, there will be as many as 14 variants on offer with the Hexa, split between 6 seater and 7 seater options. The image below will give a better idea.
Read Tata Hexa Review.
Some of the highlights revealed in the owner’s manual is as follows –
-All the XT variants (manual and automatic) will come with 6 airbags, while the lower XM & XE variants will have 2 airbags.
– ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) will be offered in all XT variants.
– ABS is standard across the entire Hexa range.
– The entry-level Hexa variant, XE, will have a 5-speed transmission, while all other Hexa models will have 6-speed transmissions (manual and automatic).
– The Hexa AT is a torque converter unit, and is of the P-R-N-D-(+)M/S(-) type.
– A 10-speaker system will be offered in all XM/XT models, which has 6 normal speakers + 4 tweeters.
Other features include:
EBD (Electronic Brake-Force Distribution, with ABS),
VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control),
ROM (Roll-Over Mitigation, with ESP),
HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance),
HHC/HDC (Hill Hold Control/Hill Descent Control) &
TCS (Traction Control System)
– 19-inch alloy wheels are offered in a SUV for the first time in India, company claims.
– 1st Free Service= 3 months/5,000 kms whichever is earlier,
– 2nd Free Service= 6 months/10,000 kms, whichever is earlier,
– 3rd Free Service= 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever is earlier.
– Subsequent paid services= 12 months/20,000 km-intervals, whichever comes earlier.
– Engine oil capacity= 7.5 liters. Type= 15W40.
– Oil change is not required for AT gearboxes. Only top-ups will be done for any leakages.
– Coolant reservoir= 9 liters, uses liquid manufactured by Servo.
– Gear box oil change= every 90,000 kms. The type used is Synthetic 75W90 & capacity= 8.25 liters.
– The Hexa will come with a standard warranty of 3 years/1,50,000 kms, whichever is earlier. No news on extended warranty packages yet.
– Tagline used for the Hexa is “Confident Luxury.”
Read full owner’s manual in the feed below.