The red carpet treatment was definitely called for as top car models made their presence felt at the 9th annual Top Marques Show held in Monaco from April 19 to 22, 2012. It has been for over 700 years that Monte Carlo has been the one place on earth where history, science, art and culture play a prominent role and especially when it comes to cars, there is no better playground than the land of the rich and famous.
Tourists in Monaco witnessed an auto display that definitely raised the bar for auto showmanship. The Top Marques need to thank HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco for his support in holding this exhibition of some of the most luxurious of vehicles in the world. Monaco is home to some of the world’s most wealthy people and they along with a host of other millionaires from across the globe converged on the venue for four days for a spectacular display of automobiles.
Bugattis, Koenigseggs and Paganis along with a £750,000 GTA Spano with an 8.3 liter engine rubbed shoulders with Aston Martin Cygnet, Keating, Savage, Spada and Marussia. Besides these beauties and other super cars while there were also super boats and luxury watches on display.
Cars seen in the below video are – Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Aston Martin Vantage V12, Audi R8, Autogespot 599 GTO, Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir by Gemballa Racing, Delavilla VRS GT3, Ferrari 288 GTO, Ferrari 360, Ferrari 430 Scuderia, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari 458 Spider, Ferrari F40, Ferrari F430, Ferrari FF, Ford GT, Gemballa Avalanche, GMC CLS63, GTA Spano, Hamman Hawk SLS Roadster, Koenigsegg CCR Evolution, Koenigsegg CCX Hydrolift, KTM X-Bow, Lamborghini Aventador, Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster, Mansory Stallone 599 GTB, Marchettino’s „crazy” Abarth 500, Maserati GranCabrio, Mclaren MP4-12C, Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series, Nissan GT-R, Noble M600, Pagani Zonda S Roadster, Porsche Carrera GT, and Savage Rivale.
Top Marques Monaco 2012 highlights
• 34,700 visitors to the 9th edition of the show (over four days 19-22 April)
• 245 million Euro in sales during the show and exhibitors anticipate a further 250 million Euro in sales post-show thanks to orders received for products not yet launched and follow up from interested clients who attended the show. This should propel Top Marques Monaco to become a half billion Euro show.
• VIP and celebrity visitors to the show included Top Marques Monaco’s patron H.S.H. Prince Albert II for the opening on Thursday 19th April 2012 at 11h, also Eddie Jordan, former F1 team owner, Tommy Hilfiger, Sonny Anderson (former footballer player with AS Monaco who was a guest of DeLaVilla), TV star Pamela Anderson and football team AS Monaco President Dmitriy Rybolovlev.
• Top Marques Monaco 2012 spearheaded the car industry into new territory this month. Among the supercar manufacturers were Koenigsegg, Pagani, GTA Motor, Tushek Supercar, Noble, Roding Automobile, Savage, Fisker, Soleil Motors, MS Design, Mansory, Gembella, Hamann, Merdad Collection, MTM, DeLavilla, Pace-Insider Cars and Top Car as well as classics like Aston Martin, Ferrari and Jaguar. There was a huge increase in the number of motor bikes presented this year: DK Motorrad, Greber, Avinton, as well as electric bike from LITO Green Motion.
• Exhibition space for the show increased by 20% this year compared to 2011 – with an extra 500m² in the new Espace Diaghilev to accommodate the successful development of the prestigious watch, jewelry and luxury products element of the show.
• The Espace Ravel area exhibited 42 stands with nearly 60 car and bikes as well as a further 28 cars and bikes outside in the pits available for test drives. Therefore, the show hosted nearly 100 of the world’s most exclusive, state-of-the-art cars and bikes.
• The esplanade outside the venue displayed 6 superboats and there were 10 boats in the water in Port Fontvieille available for seatrials.
• The esplanade also displayed a life size model (8.5 metres high) of the prototype (Lynx SP-1). The European launch of the Space Expedition SXC spacecraft took place at Top Marques Monaco. The Dutch company – founded by businessman Michiel Mol proposes space travel into the thermoshphere. The spacecraft accomodates only two passengers. You travel with the pilot 103 km above earth. The trip takes one hour and costs $95,000. Flights start from the end of 2014 from the Curaçao island in the Caribbean. www.spacexc.com
• World premiere launch of the Savage Rivale ‘GTR’ (The Netherlands) – an ultra-light supercar (1030 kg). Only 69 will be hand built, securing its exclusivity. www.savagerivale.nl
• World premiere launch of the ‘Renovatio T 500’ from Tushek (Slovenia) the lightest supercar with a V8 engine. You can chase tornadoes with it! www.tushek.com
• The “Golden Dartz Kombat” from Dartz made an appearance in anticpation of its debut in the Paramount Pictures movie “THE DICTATOR” (French release: June, 20th). www.paramountpictures.fr (email PR Manager: Muriel_Kintziger@Paramount.com)
• The electric car, the Fisker Karma, with 400 horsepower was inspired by a conversation with the H.S.H. Prince Albert 11 of Monaco, who took the opportunity to sit in it during his visit to the show.
• Roding Automobile (Germany) presented its new model for its first test drive on a Grand Prix track. With a chassis entirely made of carbon fibre it is available in a sports or open top version it has a top speed of 285 km/hour.
• The Koenigsegg Agera R – BBC’s Top Gear Hyper Car of the Year and a Guinness Book of World Records holder was available for test drives. It does a thrilling 0-300 km/h in 14.53 seconds.
• Apollo Vredestein launched a brand new Ultra-High Performance summer tyre -designed by the renowned Italian designer Giugiaro. They hosted 300 of their dealers to the show.
• Mansory powerful engine performance enhancements and rare accessory details were displayed in models from Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Maserati and Rolls Royce
Supercar Show in Monaco
Top Marques Monaco 2012 Official Promo
Ultimate Supercar Sounds in Monaco – 2012 Top Marques