TVS Akula 310 concept made its global debut at 2016 Auto Expo. TVS Akula (Shark in Russian) is a fully faired concept based on the BMW G310R motorcycle, which made its global debut in November 2015.
The production-spec TVS Akula is going to be christened TVS Apache RR 310 upon launch, which will take place today in Chennai. Once launched, it will compete with the likes of new KTM Duke 250, Mahindra Mojo, Honda CBR250RR, etc. Price is expected to start from INR 1.8 lakh, ex-showroom.
VS Apache RR 310 Features
– First ever Indian reverse inclined engine (we’ve seen all forward inclined engines)
– It has a Trellis Frame (light and strong, flexible)
– Liquid cooled with OWHE (Oil water heat exchanger)
– 0-60 kmph in 2.63sec
– Kayaba shocks front and rear
– 15 option speedo
– Lap timer
– Top speed timer and notifier
– Live mileage
– Avg mileage
– Fuel range
– Gear shift indicator
– Side stand alarm (u can start but can’t move)
– Hazard lamps (even if u remove the key) but key should be there to turn on or off
– Most accurate fuel indicator (72 points usually 10 in all bikes)
– Top speed – 165kmph
– Exhaust is not that good
– Dual LED projector lamps ON even in low beam (usually we see only one is on) world’s first
– Only two colours – RED & Blue / Black
– Bhp – 34.2
– Mileage 25 to 30 kmpl
– Michelin radial tires
– 180 mm ground clearance best in class
– DOHC-dual over head camshaft
– FI-fuel injected
– Dual channel total control ABS (it has ABL-anti back lift as well as RLP)
Speaking about Apache 310, overall design has been inspired from the flagship BMW sportsbike, S1000RR. Some of the features / highlights of the prod-ready Akula are – brakes from Bybre (front 300mm 4 pistons), ABS from Continental, suspension from KYB, ECU by Magneti Marelli.
Power to the TVS Apache RR 310 S comes from a 313 cc single cc liquid cooled FI engine. This engine delivers 34 PS power and 28 Nm torque aboard the G310R, and is expected to be tuned differently for Apache 310. It is mated to a 6-speed transmission and claims to deliver a mileage in excess of 30 kmpl on board the G310R.