To be launched on 6th December 2017, at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai, the new TVS Apache RR 310 is being benchmarked against the likes of KTM RC 390, Kawasaki Ninja 300 and Yamaha R3.
In spite of being tested against the likes of bikes which are priced in the range of Rs 2.5 to Rs 4 lakhs, Rushlane has learnt that the TVS Akula 310 will be priced in the range of Rs 1.8 lakh, and making it a rival of KTM RC 200, in terms of pricing.
Developed as a part of technology cooperation agreement between TVS and BMW, the G310R and Apache RTR 300 will be made at a dedicated assembly facility within TVS’ Hosur plant. Though the motorcycle has been developed by TVS, its engine has been engineered by BMW Motorrad.
Both, BMW G310R and the TVS Apache RR310S will be manufactured at the same plant. Production of the bimmer is already underway, while that of the Apache RR310S has just started. The G310R is not on sale in India, and all manufactured units are exported. India launch is to take place in H2 2018. Apache 310 launch will take place on 6th December, which is when bookings are expected to open.
Just like Apache 200, production will be constrained. This is why the launch of Akula 310 will be done in phases. First cities to get the Akula will include Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad, etc. Post this, more cities the bike will be launched in more cities. First deliveries are expected to commence by end January 2018 in the above mentioned cities.
The Akula will be powered by BMW’s 313 cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine which will be paired with a 6-speed transmission. The motor produces 34 PS and 28 Nm of torque on board the G310R but TVS could opt for a slightly different tuning. To be available with ABS, and many segment first features, Apache 310 is all set to be launched at an aggressive price tag on 6th December.
TVS Apache RR 310 Features
– First ever Indian reverse inclined engine (we’ve seen all forward inclined engines)
– It has a Trellis Frame (light and strong, flexible)
– Liquid cooled with OWHE (Oil water heat exchanger)
– 0-60 kmph in 2.63sec
– Kayaba shocks front and rear
– 15 option speedo
– Lap timer
– Top speed timer and notifier
– Live mileage
– Avg mileage
– Fuel range
– Gear shift indicator
– Side stand alarm (u can start but can’t move)
– Hazard lamps (even if u remove the key) but key should be there to turn on or off
– Most accurate fuel indicator (72 points usually 10 in all bikes)
– Top speed – 165kmph
– Exhaust is not that good
– Dual LED projector lamps ON even in low beam (usually we see only one is on) world’s first
– Only two colours – RED & Blue / Black
– Bhp – 34.2
– Mileage 25 to 30 kmpl
– Michelin radial tires
– 180 mm ground clearance best in class
– DOHC-dual over head camshaft
– FI-fuel injected
– Dual channel total control ABS (it has ABL-anti back lift as well as RLP)