The 2017 Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country facelift have been unveiled officially. Speaking to Rushlane on the sidelines of 2016 Geneva Motor Show earlier this year, Mr Tom von Bonsdorff, Managing Director, Volvo Auto India, had confirmed that both the new cars will be launched in India by end 2016. Today, Volvo India did launch both these cars.
Volvo’s best-selling European model series gets minor cosmetic enhancements that are aimed at giving it the new family identity. The most significant update comes in the form of the Thor’s Hammer LED daytime running lights which have now become the Swedish’s automaker’s signature design trait. The grille is slightly revised and gets new Volvo Iron Mark. The new bumper sports accentuated surfaces and a neat secondary air dam.
The updated Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country also get new alloy wheel designs and a slightly revised rear diffuser with silver accents. The facelifted V40 series is available with five new exterior color options – Amazon Blue, Denim Blue, Bursting Blue, Mussel Blue and Luminous Sand.
The refreshed duo retain the dashboard design. Enhancements come in the form of a new City Weave upholstery option which is derived from the Concept Estate. The steering wheel can be had in Charcoal/Blond color options while various new trim options like Milled Aluminium, Black Grid Aluminium and Stealth Aluminium are on offer. Optional black headliner and contrast stitching for door trims are also new.
The V40 received 5 star Euro NCAP ratings when it was launched with the best scores ever for any car. The refreshed V40 & V40 Cross Country have the following safety features
– World-First Pedestrian Airbag
– Safety Cage
– 2-stage front airbags with drivers knee bag
– Pretensioners for front seats
– Dynamic Stability & Traction Control
– Emergency Brake Assist with ABS
– Side Impact Protection
– Whiplash Protection
The V40 & the V40 Cross Country comes with sub 2L powerful and efficient diesel engine with 6-Speed automatic FWD. Volvo was the first car brand to introduce DPF as standard across our carlines. DPF reduces particle emission (PM2.5 & PM10) by atleast 95%.
For an entry level luxury hatch the V40 & the V40 Cross Country is very well equipped. Here are some key features:
– Full LED Headlamps
– Leather upholstery
– Interior Air Quality System that reduced PM2.5 & PM10 by 95%
– Power Operated front seats with drivers memory
– Personal Car Communicator with keyless entry & drive
– Fixed panoramic sunroof
– Bluetooth & USB enabled High Performance audio system
– Gear Shift paddles
– Park assist pilot + Park Assist, front & rear
– Rear parking camera
– City safety
Price (Ex-showroom, Delhi):
– V40 D3 R-Design – INR 28.53 Lakh
– V40 D3 Kinetic- INR 25.49 Lakh
– V40 CC D3 Inscription – INR 29.4 Lakh
– V40 CC T4 Momentum – INR 27.2 Lakh
All prices above are ex-showroom prices.