2018 Hyundai Santro to get new segment first features – Expected price Rs 3.6 lakhs
Hyundai Santro to sport a touchscreen infotainment system and AC vents.
As anticipation builds up for the new Hyundai Santro, latest leaked images stir up excitement even further. Along with the images, new details about the tall boy hatchback has been revealed. Some of these features are segment first offerings which will make the new Santro even more exciting for buyers.
Coming back once again to attract buyers in its segment after being discontinued in 2014, bookings of the new Santro will open on October 11 while launch is scheduled for October 23, 2018. Expected sales target could be in the region of 10,000 units a month. It will be rival to Maruti WagonR and Tata Tiago. Only petrol engine will be on offer. Price could start from Rs 3.6 lakhs. Here are important new features;
1. Touchscreen infotainment system: Hyundai Santro is slated to sport the latest touchscreen infotainment system. This 5” touchscreen infotainment system is the same as that is seen on the Hyundai Elantra that runs on a new processor and offers more connectivity features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also comes with Bluetooth and also doubles up as a display for reverse camera.
2. Rear AC vents: To make the new Hyundai Santro even more attractive in the affordable hatchback segment, Hyundai will fit the Santro with first in class rear Air Conditioning vents which will offer uniform and efficient cooling throughout the cabin. This is one feature most car buyers will love to have.
3. Smart Auto AMT Transmission: Hyundai Santro will be the first Hyundai model to get an optional ‘Smart Auto’ AMT transmission. Positioned on the first generation i10 HA platform, the 1.1 liter Epsilon petrol engine will send power to wheels via a 5 speed manual transmission or a 5 speed automated manual transmission called Smart Auto. The Hyundai Santro will also get a CNG variant.
4. Fuel Efficient Engine and Spacious Cabin: The tall boy hatchback Hyundai Santro will be wider than its earlier counterpart and will be seen with sufficient of head, leg and shoulder room for its five occupants. This feature along with a more efficient engine is what will make the Santro once more a hot favorite in the country. The 1.1-litre Epsilon petrol engine could offer 65 hp and fuel efficiency to the tune of 22 kmpl.
5. Safety Features: To comply with new safety standards coming into effect from July 2019, the list of safety features on the new Hyundai Santro will include dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, seatbelt reminder, speed warning system and reverse parking sensors. It will also be seen with speed sensing door locks as standard.