To be offered in a choice of petrol and diesel engine options, new Honda Jazz launch is expected to happen in June this year. The company has officially teased the new Jazz on their website, and have also begun accepting registrations from enthusiasts for exclusive updates on new Jazz.
We speak with Mr Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India about the new Jazz. Below is an excerpt from our interaction.
New Honda Jazz is now teased on Honda Cars India official website. To sign-up, visit the site at https://hondacarindia.com/nothingelse/index.aspx
1) Will it be priced competitively? Or will it be a premium product?
– As a manufacturer, we put a price-tag to a product only after evaluating several external and internal price determinants. The upcoming product will be priced keeping in mind the market forces as well as the value proposition the vehicle would offer.
Regarding the premium product, the Jazz will set new benchmarks in the segment with its packaging, style, performance and advanced technology.
2) What will be the USP of new Jazz according to you?
The upcoming Jazz will be 3rd generation of the car and carries a strong legacy. It is doing exceptionally well in all the markets where it has been launched including US and Japan.The Jazz would offer a very high value proposition coupled with premium-ness to its customers. The Styling, Look, Performance and high Versatility will be key differentiator from its competitors.
3) The level of localization achieved?
– It is our continuous effort to increase localization levels in all our models and we have been able to achieve more than 90% localization in most of our volume models.
4) Considering the rise in demand for hot hatches, why not offer 1.5L i-VTEC?
– Petrol engine bigger than 1200 cc will not qualify for small car category.
5) Kapil Sharma and Mobilio’s online campaign has been a huge hit. Are you planning to do something similar with Jazz? Will we see Kapil with Jazz? (or any other star)
– We will have focused campaigns and activities to reach out to our customers across markets. However, as of now, we are not in a position to share any product communication details at this moment.
6) How do you plan to accommodate demand for new Jazz, as your production units are already running to capacity?
– We have already accommodated the production plan of Jazz in our overall production plan and are confident that we would be able to meet the demand for the product.