The new Mercedes E Class Estate has been launched in India. It gets power from a OM 654 four-cylinder BS VI compliant 1950cc diesel engine mated with 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission that returns max power of 143 kW (194 hp) at 3800 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at 1600 – 2800 rpm. The All-Terrain transmission mode is inspired from the Mercedes-Benz GLE range with off-road drive settings. Top speed is pegged at 231 km/h and it takes 8 seconds to go from 0-100 km/h.
2018 E 220 d 4MATIC Estate features standard DYNAMIC SELECT along with All-Terrain transmission modes. AIRBODY Control suspension and large wheels (19″) with higher sidewalls improve ride comfort. Ground clearance can be increased by 35 mm. The robust exterior sports a SUV-style radiator grille and is easy to differentiate from the classic variant owing to design inputs.
Rear seat backrest folds into a 40:20:40 split to make room for 1820 litres of storage space.Being BS VI compliant, it can run on BS IV fuel. Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain is available at a price of Rs 75 Lakhs, ex-sh, all India.
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “The Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain has a powerful, unique appearance coupled with go-anywhere capability which differentiates All-Terrain from a classic estate. It features a range of technologies that enhances driving pleasure and offers unmatched luxury with rugged appeal. The All-Terrain has the elegance and luxury of an E-Class combined with the practicality and versatility of an SUV, with the go-anywhere capability of an off-roader.”
He adds, “Our strategy for the Indian market of launching more and more products from our global portfolio is very well received by our discerning customers. The E-Class has been one of our most successful products for the Indian market and we are positive of the market response for the E-Class All-Terrain as well. With this launch, we now have an array of E-Class variants from our global portfolio now available in India.”
Key Highlights –
– The E 220 d 4MATIC Estate features the newly developed OM 654 four-cylinder BS VI compliant diesel engine and 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission
– Head off the beaten track with the standard DYNAMIC SELECT along with All-Terrain transmission modes | Ground clearance can be increased by 35 mm
– Expressive exterior and interior design, featuring SUV-style radiator grille, robust body and large light-alloy 19” wheels | The All-Terrain has a powerful and strong appearance which distinguishes it from its classic model
– The rear seat backrest folds into a 40:20:40 split allowing 1820 litres of storage| Cargo function for the second row of seats increases rake angle of the backrest by 10° to accommodate around 30 litres more storage
– The E-Class Estate will be BS VI compliant and can also run on BS IV fuel