Tata Hexa Media Drive commence – Here’s 15 interesting facts
New Tata Hexa crossover has finally been revealed to the media. As we speak, the media drive is taking place in the city of Hyderabad. We are driving the car and will soon post a detailed review. Until then, here are 15 interesting facts about the new Tata Hexa;
1) You can use your phone as a remote control for mood lighting and infotainment.
2) Tested over 8 lakh kms across Asia, Europe & Australia in temperaturs ranging from -20 to +50 degrees C.
3) Tata Hexa AT has a Race Car sensing function it adjusts shifts to ensure engine stays between 3-4K rpm for maximum punch.
4) 1,000 hours spent to custom tune the 10-speaker JBL music system on the Hexa.
5) New Apps available on for making music playlists, navigation, user manual and to book and track servicing of your Hexa.
6) Only offered with VARICOR 400 2.2 liter diesel engine : 156 PS @ 4000 RPM, 400 Nm @ 1700-2700 RPM
7) 6 AT gets two drive modes, ECO & SPORT
8) 6 MT gets four drive modes, COMFORT, DYNAMIC, ROUGH ROAD & AUTO
9) Kerb wt : 2280 kgs
10) Tyres : 235 / 55 R19
11) Ground Clearance : 200 mm
12) Fuel Tank Capacity : 60 ltrs
13) All black interiors, 6/7/8 seat configuration on offer
14) Bookings open on 1st Nov 2016
15) Launch in January 2017
Measuring 4,788 mm long, 1,903 mm wide, 1,791 mm tall and sitting on wheelbase of 2,850 mm, the new Tata Hexa is powered by a 2.2 liter four cylinder VARICOR diesel engine capable of 154 bhp power at 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm torque at 1,700 to 2,700 rpm mated to a 6 speed automatic transmission or 6 speed manual transmission.
Sporting a 4WD system with Drive Mode selector, Tata Hexa will receive interiors in a 6/7/8 seat configuration. Driver seat will see quality leather upholstery while all seats receive twin needle stitching. LED illumination for ambient mood lighting and a host of safety features will also be seen in its interiors.
Externally, the Tata Hexa crossover follows a design similar to the Tata Aria. It receives new projector headlamps, a honeycomb grille and new bumpers with fog lamps while a horizontal chrome slat under its grill extends towards headlamps. Tata Hexa crossover sits on 19” alloy wheels adding to its sporty appeal while at the rear dual exhaust tips, new reflectors and restyled tail lamps are evident.