Yamaha launches new FZ25 – New Age 250cc Macho Machine
This is the most powerful motorcycle designed and developed for India by Yamaha.
Yamaha FZ25, the 249cc mid class street fighter is officially launched in India. Designed to appeal to biking enthusiasts in the 20-30 years age group, Yamaha India is confident about the success of their new motorcycle.
Yamaha FZ25 comes in powered by a new 249cc air cooled, 4 stroke, SOHC, 2 valve engine. This engine is BSIV compliant offering 20.6 bhp power at 8,000 rpm and 20 Nm torque at 6,000 rpm mated to a 5 speed gearbox from the Frazer 250. The mid class, street fighter is fitted on a lightweight frame of 148 kgs and is offered in three colors of Ballistic Blue, Warrior White and Knight Black.
Officially launched at the Pullman Hotel at New Delhi and brought onstage by none other than Bollywood heartthrob John Abraham, the Yamaha FZ25 is developed with Yamaha’s New Generation Engine Development Ideal – ‘Blue Core’ which sees not only enhanced performance but also offers better fuel efficiency and lower auto emissions thus making the bike highly environmentally friendly.
Set for a sporty set of buyers in the country, the Yamaha FZ25 receives a better riding position, flatter bars and a forward mounted seat along with foot pegs set more towards the rear. The bike receives 160mm ground clearance, 41mm front forks and monoshocks at the rear while wider tyres are fitted to new alloy wheels. The FZ25 also gets 282mm front discs and 220 mm rear discs while an all digital instrument console with LCD display, a chiseled fuel tank and LED headlamp are also evident.
Other Key Features of the New FZ25:
· Good Mileage (43 km/L) & Excellent Engine Performance and improvement in fuel economy
· First LED headlight on a 250cc model in India (As of July 2016, Yamaha Motor survey), an LCD instrument cluster with a high-quality look
· Maximum power output of 20.9 PS at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque of 20.0N?m at 6,000 rpm
· Outstanding balance of acceleration performance, fuel efficiency and eco-friendliness.
· Its lightness (148 kg) and agility, together with its riding position that conveys the model’s newness and freshness while bringing out its street fighter character
· New front and rear suspension settings
· Excellent riding comfort for single & tandem riding with a flat long seat and large foot space for both rider and pillion.
· Rear tire with specially formulated compound and lightweight wheels
· 282 mm diameter front disc and 220 mm diameter rear disc
· 14-liter fuel tank with plastic resin tank cover
· 160 mm of ground clearance
· Easy-to-grip aluminium grab-bars