Honda City sales cross 45k in 6 months, Mobilio launch soon
Honda Cars India have sold 45,900 units of City in 6 months and 95,445 units of Amaze since its launch in April 2013. Next product from Honda’s stable is also expected to reach high numbers, but question remains, will it outsell Maruti Ertiga?
Here is a recollection of cars with top mileage in India:
1. Honda City diesel – 26 kmpl
2. Honda Amaze diesel – 25.8 kmpl
3. Tata Nano petrol – 25.4 kmpl
4. Tata Indigo eCS diesel – 25.4 kmpl
5. Chevrolet Beat diesel – 25.4 kmpl
6. Tata Indigo XL diesel – 25.2 kmpl
7. Tata Indigo diesel – 25.2 kmpl
8. Tata Indica eV2 diesel – 25.2 kmpl
9. Ford Fiesta diesel – 25.01 kmpl
10. Hyundai Xcent diesel – 24.4 kmpl
It is surprising to not see none of Maruti Suzuki cars in list. With Honda Mobilio MPV most likely to be powered by City’s engines, especially diesel unit, it is plausible that Mobilio will get into the list. Meaning, it will trump Maruti Ertiga on that front.
Petrol motor powering Honda City and most probably Mobilio as well, is a 1.5l iVTEC producing 119 PS max. power @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm peak torque @ 4600 rpm. Manual 5 speed gearbox and CVT transmission options are available in City, whereas Mobilio may not get an automatic variant. Mileage claimed for manual City is 17.8 kmpl while that of CVT is 17.9 kmpl.
Recently hosted ‘Tourism Plus Honda Mobilio – Save Challenge’ competition in Indonesia proved Mobilio petrol is capable of offering impressive mileage of 22.5 kmpl.
City diesel is equipped with 1.5l iDTEC delivering 100 PS max. power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm peak torque @ 1750 rpm. It is coupled to a 6 speed manual transmission. Will Mobilio come with same engine and fuel economy?
Email - [email protected]
Latest posts by Ashwin Ram N P (see all)
- Mahindra and Pininfarina have not formed any deal over a possible takeover - April 30, 2015
- This 2016 Toyota Fortuner render could be the real thing - April 30, 2015
- MV Agusta India launch expected this year, with a local partner - April 30, 2015