Mercedes-Benz India StarDrive Experience in Chandigarh: Your StarDrive with Farhan Akhtar chance
The Mercedes Benz marketing campaign ‘StarDrive Experience’ which combines adrenaline, simulation of critical road situations as also innovation and fun was flagged off at Helipad,…
The Mercedes Benz marketing campaign ‘StarDrive Experience’ which combines adrenaline, simulation of critical road situations as also innovation and fun was flagged off at Helipad, Sector 5 Panchkula, Chandigarh. This is a marketing campaign to promote the safety aspects that are seen in current Mercedes Benz models.
There will be a team of well trained driving experts who will be demonstrating road situations during the duration of StarDrive Experience.Through this campaign customers get to know about handling and responsive of the Mercedes range of models in critical road situations which are simulated in controlled environments.
Participants will get to test performance of the ML class & GL class SUV’s as also the C-Class and E-Class sedans. The G55 AMG and the C 63 AMG models will also be on display at this event. By mode of simulation one will be able to test criterion like safety, agility and performance in any type of situation. Through this simulation one will also be able to experience safety technologies like Airmatic Package, DSR, Pro-Engineering package, and 4ETS among other such safety features which are at the fore of the Mercedes experience.
India auto news release: Mercedes-Benz India brings ‘StarDrive Experience’ to Chandigarh
- A complete adrenalin rushing package that puts to test the prowess of a Mercedes-Benzvehicle; conducted under controlled environment and guidance of qualified experts
- StarDrive Experience combines essential elements of driving experience with simulation of critical road situations; combines Mercedes-Benz ‘spirit of innovation’ with a genuine spirit of fun
- StarDrive Experience is conducted by a team of driving experts with professional experience of 12-15 years. The driving expert team has been trained by German experts from Mercedes-Benz driving team
- StarDrive Experience in association with Daimler Financial Services and Mobil 1 is in its Third year and has been organized in Cochin , Bengaluru, Chennai and Delhi, and will be organized in Chandigarh and Mumbai this year
- For the first time ever in India, participants would get a chance to drive aMercedes-Benz by participating in the ‘StarDrive with Farhan Akhtar’ contest. StarDrive Experience also goes online with a dedicated website rendering event information and registration
Following the overwhelming response received for “StarDrive Experience” conducted across the Country for the last two years, Mercedes-Benz India today flagged off its signature experiential marketing program, here at the Helipad, Sector 5, Panchkula. This exciting driving extravaganza is specially conceptualized by Mercedes-Benz to highlight the unparalleled safety features and cutting edge technology that is trademark of eachMercedes-Benz vehicle. StarDrive Experience offers prospects and customers an opportunity to understand the handling of critical road situations in a safe and controlled environment.
Mercedes-Benz India has been pioneering unique customer engagement initiatives like StarDrive experience, which has received a very encouraging response since its inception from our discerning customers, and has set an industry benchmark to be widely emulated in the industry. This exclusive drive experience puts to test the power and performance of the Mercedes-Benz product range, with the likes of the dynamic off-roaders; the ML-Class and the GL-Class and the flagship sedans the C-Class and E-Class. This provides an opportunity to the prospects and discerning customers ofMercedes-Benz, an understanding of the handling of critical road situations in a very safe and controlled environment. New additions to this line up of performance cars are the AMGs, which includes the exciting C 63 AMG and the iconic off-roader the G 55 AMG. Through the simulations, the different dynamics of the vehicles namely safety, agility and performance in both off-road and on-road conditions are brought to the fore. The participants could experience the tangible benefits of world-class safety technologies like Pro-Engineering Package, Airmatic Package, 4ETS, Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR) etc. during the driving program.
Speaking at the inauguration of this initiative, Mr. Manas Dewan, General Manager, Strategic Planning and Corporate Communications, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “The StarDrive Experience which is in its third year is our unique initiative in sync with our successful ‘Go to the Customer’ approach and we are happy to bring this initiative to Chandigarh again. The StarDrive Experience will give the customers and enthusiasts of brand Mercedes-Benz a one-of-its kind opportunity to see, feel and experience some of the best cars from our portfolio. The North Indian market has been very successful for us with our SUVs and the StarDrive will give our connoisseurs the best platform to familiarize themselves with the off-roading prowess of these vehicles.”
He further added “Our aim is to enable our customers to personally experience the unmatched safety and technology aspects of our cars besides additionally offering them an opportunity to further hone their driving skills. Combining the vital fundamentals of driving experience with simulation of critical road situations, the StarDrive Experience embodies Mercedes-Benz’s spirit of innovation with an element of fun, reiterating the Mercedes-Benz philosophy of “Best or Nothing.”
Mercedes-Benz has always lead the way in introducing newer technologies globally as well as in India. One of the overriding principles driving the brand’s innovation and technology has been Customer safety. Over the years Mercedes-Benz has introduced various revolutionary technologies ranging from essential occupant protection system (PRE-SAFE), Neck-Pro, PARKTRONIC to the latest addition – Attention Assist System that have created a benchmark in terms of passenger safety in the automobile industry.
Raymond Wong, CEO – ExxonMobil Lubricants Private Limited, India, the sponsor partner for this event, said: “Mobil 1 has long been the lubricant of choice for race teams competing in Formula One – one of the most demanding motorsports series. We have a long history and a strong association with Mercedes Benz and motorsports. ExxonMobil provides Mercedes Benz with Mobil 1 lubricant technology, expertise and support to develop next-generation lubricants for car engines and gearboxes. And it is a privilege for us to be a partner in the Mercedes Benz Stardrive Experience, which is aimed at giving participants a unique driving experience through various tough simulations to showcase the power, agility, unparalleled safety features and engineering technology of these cars. The world’s leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1, features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond conventional motor oils and exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.”
Mr. Sidhartha Nair, Managing Director, Daimler Financial Services India, commented,”Mercedes-Benz StarDrive is a spectacular experience which showcases the technological prowess ofMercedes-Benz cars & proves its leadership in high-end automotive technologies. StarDrive provides the opportunity to experience the DNA of Mercedes Benz cars – sporty, safety, innovative technology, comfort and performance. Mercedes-Benz Financial is pleased to be associated with this initiative.”
Mercedes Benz Financial provides innovative and customer friendly finance solutions, focused at increasing sales of Mercedes Benz cars. The aim is to identify the best ownership solution for our customers by offering differentiated products and services via leasing, financing & insurance.Association with events like StarDrive gives MB Financial a great opportunity to interact with customers & showcase our offerings.
The third edition of the StarDrive Experience 2012 started with Kochi, Bengaluru and Chennai has travelled to New Delhi before coming to Chandigarh and culminates in Mumbai. Participants at the StarDrive Experience can share their exciting experiences with their family & friends through the Wi-Fi enabled iPads installed in the high end Star Lounges – an exclusive hospitality area which is created for the participants of StarDrive by Mercedes-Benz. This year the event activities are divided into following three sections:
1. PRE-SAFE Demonstration activity: Dynamics of Mercedes-Benz sedans, C-Class and E-Class namely safety, agility and performance like PRE-SAFE®, ESP® are brought to the fore through controlled demonstration activities.
2. Off-roading demonstration activity: Tangible benefits of key off-roading technologies like Pro-Engineering Package, Airmatic Package, 4ETS, downhill speed regulation (DSR), etc. are showcased through demonstration activities with MB SUV’s – GL-Class and ML-Class. Artificial parcour set-ups have been created that resemble natural off-road terrains to demonstrate off-roading features in MB SUV’s. These parcours have been designed on the basis of global guidelines made by Mercedes-Benzdriving events team at Germany for creating parcour set-up for globally held driving events.
3. ‘StarDrive with Farhan Akhtar contest’: For the first time ever in India, participants get a chance to get behind the wheels of a Mercedes-Benz by participating in the StarDrive with the Farhan Akhtar contest and win exciting gift vouchers. One lucky winner along with his spouse gets a chance to experience StarDrive at the grand finale at Mumbai on 23rd September with noted actor, director, and singer Farhan Akhtar.
StarDrive Experience is an Avante Garde initiative by Mercedes-Benz India and is in association with Daimler Financial Services and Mobil 1.This is a part of Mercedes-Benz India’s strategy to increase its engagement with customers and patrons across the country. With initiatives such as this and mb.Feel It! – the new design philosophy of the Company, it aims at connecting with the youthful, vibrant and energetic audience of the country.