Eicher brand of Trucks and Buses record YTD growth of 12%
Eicher brand of trucks and buses saw sales of 3,587 units during the month of May 2012. This figure was only 2% higher than what the company sold during the same month in the previous year. Taking YTD figures into account, the company sold 21,995 units this year in the first five months as against 19,689 units sold in the same period in 2011 resulting in a growth percentage of 12%.
Taking domestic markets into account, Eicher saw an increase of 7% in sales during the month of May 2012. The company sold 3,432 units in May 2012 as against 3,206 units in May 2011. Major sales were seen in the Eicher Bus segment which recorded a 49% growth. This division sold 932 units in May 2012 as compared to only 625 units in May 2011. While YTD 2012 figures were 3,777 units as compared to 2500 units in YTD 2011.
Eicher trucks too recorded a substantial growth during the month of May 2012. Here there were 601 units sold in May 2012 as compared to 401 units sold in May 2011. Exports of Eicher brand of Trucks and Buses however diminished to 155 units in May 2012 as compared to 309 units in May 2011.
Auto News Release
Heavy duty Trucks and Buses drive Eicher Growth in May 2012
The following are the key highlights:
· Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 3587 units in the month of May 2012 which is 2% higher than May 2011 sales. The YTD 2012 sales stands at 21995 units in comparison to YTD 2011 sales of 19689 units, representing a growth of 12%.
· In the domestic CV Market ( 5T and Above), Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded a growth of 7%. The May 2012 figure stands at 3432 units in comparison to 3206 units of May 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 20918 units in comparison to YTD 2011 sales of 18301 units, representing a growth of 14%.
· In the Bus segment, Eicher branded Buses have recorded a 49% growth. The May 2012 sales stand at 932 units in comparison to 625 units of May 2011. The YTD 2012 sales stand at 3777 units in comparison to YTD 2011 sales of 2500 units, representing a 51% growth.
· The heavy-duty (HD) Eicher branded trucks have recorded sales of 601 units in comparison to 401 units of May 2011, representing a growth of 50%. The YTD 2012 Eicher HD sales are at 3674 units in comparison to 2838 units of 2011, representing a 29% growth.
· On the Exports front Eicher branded Trucks and Buses have recorded sales of 155 units in May 2012 in comparison to 309 units of May 2011. However the exports pipeline continues to be very healthy.