Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 revealed online: New small car launch on October 16th
India’s largest auto manufacturers Maruti Suzuki India Limited are seeking to regain lost ground in the Indian small car segment. They will be launching the next gen Alto small car, India’s highest selling car, in a new avatar later this month. A brand new version of the Maruti Alto is on its way and scheduled to be launched on October 16th, well in time for the festive season.
Alto 800 is compact with a bit of modern updates such as a new and lighter roof, new rear view mirrors, increased height and good ground clearance. Interiors have a new improved dashboard, 3 spoke steering wheel while internal space is a constraint and not too comfortable for taller passengers. New Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 is powered by a 796 cc petrol engine with enhanced power and torque.
Power output is now 47.5 bhp at 6,000 rpm while torque stands at 69 Nm at 3500 rpm. The petrol engined version offers 22.7 kmpl while the Alto 800 CNG has a mileage of 30.46 kmpl. CNG Alto will be expensive by Rs 40,000 while the base Alto petrol is expected to be priced at Rs 3.75 lakhs, on road Mumbai. Also you will be surprised to find no side view mirror on the left side!
Prelaunch bookings for the new Alto 800 are now open. To book your new Alto, click here.
New Maruti Alto 800 Specifications
* Engine: 796 cc, 3-cylinder, 12-valves
* Power: 47.5 BHP @ 6000 RPM
* Torque: 69 Nm @ 3500 RPM
* Transmission: 5-speed manual
* Top Speed: 140 km/h
* 0-100 km/h: 19 seconds (est)
* Fuel Consumption: 16-17 km/l (City), 18-19 km/l (highway)
* Fuel Type: Petrol
* Suspension: Mcpherson Struts (Front), Coil Springs (Rear)
* Tyres: 145/80/12 Tubeless Radials
* Brakes: Disc (Front), Drum (Rear)
* Safety: iCats Immobilizer, Driver Side Airbag (Optional)
New Maruti Alto 800 Dimensions
* Overall length x width x height: 3395 mm X 1490 mm X 1475 mm
* Wheelbase: 2360 mm
* Ground clearance: 160 mm
* Fuel Tank Capacity: 35-litres
* Kerb Weight: 720 kgs
Maruti Alto 800